King!SteveRogers - The Killer King

Do you know what it's like to die at the hands of someone who you thought was an ally?

No, of course you don't - but for me? I have.

I had to stare into his eyes as he drained the life from me, not caring about the consequences, there there were children to witness. We welcomed him and his father, their army - right into our home. But our hospitality and trust was taken for granted. What was meant to be a peaceful feast between friends turned into a full on slaughter.

Then there was nothing.

Ten years passed and I lay entombed alongside my family - other who had escaped the massacre giving us the burial that we deserved.

And then?

I woke up.

I rose up as though nothing had happened. No scars or marks to show just how life had ended. I was brand new but the same? And I had Wanda Maxmioff to thank for it.

What I did not thank her for, was the reason why.

I had to serve the man who now sat upon his father's throne.

The killer king.

I agreed, but I never agreed to being loyal. I decided that I would plot my revenge in secret - and then strike whilst hot.

Steve Rogers would be the one to die by my hand as payment for his and his family's betrayal.

As I walk down the aisle of the parted court, eyes are upon me - including Steve's own. He is a mixture of fury, defence, but without remorse. The sound of my boots are the only ones made against the stone floor of the now silent great hall - and I come to a stop before the dais, looking up and meeting the King's eye.

He stares at me, the same look he gave as he watched me leave the world before. Except he knew I was coming. He reluctantly agreed to Wanda raising me from slumber so as he had some form of defence against his enemies.

But when I look at him now? There is something inside that tugs at me, and it makes me feel sick.

"Well, well - Aedra, sweetheart. Welcome back to the land of the living". He begins smoothly as I just stare at him, making it clear that there is a rather large grudge between us regardless of my agreement to being here.

"No thanks to your witch - you have the audacity to raise me up to be your servant when you were the one to kill me for being what I was".

Steve now sits forward and smirks. "We had our reasons".

"And now you are needing my help? Isn't it a good job that I agreed despite our differences".

"I couldn't go against my father's orders back then. Even though I sometimes disagreed with them, I still knew my place - I would have no trouble doing the same thing again".

I pace lazily in front of him. "And now you need me. How sweet - but you already have one witch".

"Whose power can only do so much - combined with yours however? We would have an even better defence".  He sits back on his throne. "I don't trust you, but Wanda has already stated that you are the only one who could help. So you can thank me for digging you back up again to have a second chance". His eyes narrow.

"I could kill you where you sit".

He studies a ring that's on one of his fingers and toys with it. "You could, but then you'd realise that you'd also suffer the same again - only worse. I agreed that you could return, gave you another chance. After all, didn't you want to live last time?" His eyes find my own.

I bite the inside of my cheek. If I'm to plan his downfall then I need to be so this. Whether we both like it or not. It will be worth the ending I receive this time around after all. I've already decided that.

Bide my time, and strike.

If I tried anything now I'd be hunted down, which isn't what I want.

"Fine". I state, "but if you think you can lock me up or control me? You're very much mistaken".

"I'm not going to lock you up Aedra, sweetheart - but you have your limits here - don't cross them..." he warns, although he didn't really have to.

I bow mockingly to him. "I wouldn't dream of it, sire".