Chris Evans - Hate Me

"But did you really have to go and write a fucking song about it Ess! It's all over the media like a bad rash!"

I hold the phone away from my ear as Chris is yelling down the other end of it. A phone call that I've been waiting for since the media posts appeared over the last couple of days. 

It's not my fault I'm simply changing the narrative of our couple of dates, and one night to the correct one. After all, I've been bad mouthed and accused for just using the guy and then dumping him. Has he defended me at all? Actually come clean and said it was just didn't work out and that I didn't want a relationship around that time?

Nope.

Instead his 'team' have simply made it look so that he's clean and I'm the villain, even if there are no villains in this situation. I just didn't want a relationship, I wanted to focus on my music and not settle. 

And all he wanted me for? Probably PR, even if his team have denied it numerous amounts of times to me. 

"Technically I never fucking mentioned your name! It could be about anyone! You're not the only dick I've had in the last year, geez!" I snap back at him, really wanting this conversation to be over.

"Well your publicist better put out a damn good statement to clear up this mess".

"What mess? The one you made when your team all but lied about the situation in general? It was barely a relationship! Don't you think I'm entitled to tell my side as well?"

Chris is fuming. "So it is about me".

"You said that I hurt you!"

"Because you did! I really liked you Ess! I wanted more for us, but instead you just spent one night with me and then said you never wanted anything serious! If you didn't then you could've at least given me a heads up!"

"I'm not having this conversation with you now. I have better things to be doing, an album to be recording".

His Boston accent is thick in contrast to my English one. "Because that's what it's aaaaaaaalways been about hasn't it? Just the music, nothing or no one else - you don't even care about whose name you're tarnishing". 

"Just like you don't care about telling the truth when you have reporters questioning you about us". I bite back. "Hate me all you want, but I don't care. I've said my piece and this song is out there. Go deal with it".

Either way the fans love it. Both here in the US and back home in the UK - so clearly I'm doing something right. 

There's an awkward silence before Chris's voice sounds again. "Essie..."

"What?"

"You write anything more about me then I swear my team will come down so hard on your ass..."

I smirk, now not being able to help being smug as I have the perfect comeback. "Not as hard as you did that night though...I'll leave you with that memory, Evans". Now hanging up on him before sinking further into the couch with a groan.

Even if it wasn't anything for me back then, I still can't understand why, aside from the recent speculation, he's on my mind as of late.

I can't wait to see the next interview he gives where he has to answer about me - because after that conversation? It's going to be anything but praise.