Ransom Drysdale - Drysdale

Everybody has secrets

Mine? It's the best kept one by far.

My husband? He got away with murder - and that is how I have him kept in line.

If he fucks up?  He knows full well that I won't hesitate to call the cops and have his pretty ass sent straight to a prison cell.

That secret alone is the foundation that our marriage is built on.

That secret? It's how I got the ring on my finger in the first place.

Imagine you were born into privilege, got everything you wanted, but then saw the one thing that you wanted the most and knew you'd have to work to get it - that was how I felt the first time I saw Ransom.

A different sight in a sea of million dollar men - and yet he was cut from the same cloth. Wealthy, handsome, a trust fund brat from birth. He may have carried a different name but his family are prominent. Each one just as fucked up as the other.

We all are.

We all hide behind a mask that conceals are deepest, darkest secrets, desires and regrets.

But when that mask starts to slip? It reveals the true ugly behind the beauty that people see.

Drysdale.

It's not as good of a name as it would be if it were 'Thrombey', but I can live with it. After all, he's still part of the bloodline through his mother.

It was hard to get that mask of his to come off, but i had laid my plans already, right from the moment I knew who he was. A hefty inheritance and distancing himself from his wealthy family? It all but screamed mysterious to me.

The coroner said his grandfathers death was suicide. But what kind of man slits his own throat right after celebrating his birthday?

These were the questions I wanted answered. This was the family I wanted to establish myself within. They had more money than most, and I wouldn't settle for anything less.

My plan to hook the man and keep him dangling began, and it wasn't long before he was obsessed. Pussy drunk on the girl whose daddy also had money to burn.

Then, once I had him where I wanted him, I hit him with it.

"Ransom?"

"Yeah?"

"I can't help but think of your poor grandfather. Surely the police can't have just thought of it as suicide, none of it makes sense". I sighed, sliding astride his lap and toying with his hair. "Makes me think that someone got away with murder?"

Ransom looked at me, weaning a stand of hair around his fingers. "And what would you say if someone did?"

I smirked "I'd congratulate them and ask how I could do the same to my father". My voice turning sinister and noting his expression falter slightly. "With my fathers inheritance, I could have all this and more..."

"So take what's yours..."

I looked at him, both of us knowing that we understood one another. I was a beautiful kind of fucked up.

"How?"

"Simple...you make it look like a suicide, just like I did..."

And there it was. The truth that I wanted and I needed to work fast.

"You killed him?" I put on my best shocked face.

"Of course I fucking did, he was about to take me outta the will. I wasn't about to let the damn nurse get everything. I did my family a favour, even if the assholes didn't deserve every penny they got from it". His eyes were burning in fury.

I simply smirked and then began to laugh. "What?" He snapped at me in annoyance.

"Nothing...just that I have you right where I want".

"What the hell are you on about?" The tone turned demanding.

I calmed myself and then looked at him threateningly. "This is the way we're going to play. You put a ring on my finger, and I don't tell your shady shit to anyone."

He realised the blackmail I was throwing at him and was furious. "You little bitch, you've wanted this all along, to get yourself into the family".

"And now I have cause. Never underestimate a pretty face Hugh, but you have, and now you need to make a choice". I smiled sweetly. "You could be here basking in the fruits of your murderous labour- oooooor in a prison cell...the choice is yours".

And he knew he had nothing else but to agree to my terms. He was screwed otherwise, knowing I would do exactly what I said that I would.

He was furious of course but then growled his response. "Fine", grabbing my neck and beginning to squeeze tightly. "But you'd best be worth the cost".

My eyes stared back into his as he let go, the air returning to my body, but I made no fuss of it, telling him exactly where we stood as far as this went, and to this day it's still going strong. My hold over him tighter than no other.

"I think you'll find I'm worth more than you could ever afford, Drysdale".