Devin Peters - Don't Look Back

A/N - Did I just write a oneshot from a 30 second cameo? Yes - only because I feel that this guy deserves a story (or oneshot) of his own! He's a Chris character so this counts 😂
- is this probably my worst one shot to date? Yes, yes it is

**

"No offence, but she's not exactly a seasoned actress..."

Those were the first words that Eve Fasso heard from her new costar's lips as she had come in to the first read through of their new film.

And those words were the ones that sparked the beginning of their dislike for one another. Him for the reason that she hadn't been in enough movies and should have stick to modelling, and she? Well, she hated that fact that Devin Peters had the nerve to insult her like that. After all, everyone had to start somewhere, and for Eve? It was her fifth film since breaking the mould the branching out into something new. She didn't want to be stuck just posing behind the camera all the time, she wanted to show the world what talent she had hidden.

"Can we just cut for a second? I'm not feeling it?" Devin looked behind the cameras to the director as the pair pulled apart from their false embrace (all for the sake of the film), and both stalked off in either direction.

"Asshole". She muttered on hearing him now talking to Johnathan - their director.

"There's just no chemistry Johnny, I'm giving it all I got and she's putting in less than five percent. I told you we should've got Scarlett Johansson or someone who actually knows what they're doing..."

Eve scowled as she looked at her reflection whilst her make up was topped up.  If anything, she had been excited when she'd learnt that Devin Peters was going to be the one starring opposite her. She'd loved a few of his films, including 'Total Devastation'. But her excitement had been short lived as she'd overheard him on arriving to the first read through.

Did he really think so little of her?

The words had scarred her somewhat - and since then she'd been unable to get them out of her head, instead wanting to prove to him that she wasn't just a pretty face. Devin himself hadn't bothered to make the effort, always trying to find some flaw within her acting, even when the director told him otherwise. His dislike of her was clear to all.

Devin himself could only be described as an actor who put 100% in, doing all his stunts, prepping for roles intensely. He was all about the acting, the image. And his? It couldn't afford to be tarnished. One bad review and it would probably all go to shit. Not that he'd ever had a single flop when it came to movies. He chose his roles wisely and carefully. If he hated a script then he would say so - and after years in the industry and an Oscar under his belt? He knew well enough to know just what would sell.

"Don't worry about him". April, Eve's assistant, now came over and glanced in the direction where Devin was talking with the director still.

"You've been saying the exact same thing for the last couple of months". Eve pointed out. "He hates me, and now after only spending just a week with him? I hate him too".

April shrugged. "He's a picky bastard, but you? You're putting all your effort in ok? Just don't listen and carry on - his constant complaining is probably gonna end up with him quitting anyway, then perhaps we can all have a quiet life".

Eve looked at her. "I don't want him to quit because of me - what will that say to casting directors who then ask what happened".

"That he's a child and you're the one who is professional".

"Sometimes I wonder whether I was better off just staying as a model". Eve said more to herself than April. If it hadn't been for one prominent director in the industry then no one would've taken her seriously at all. She'd struck lucky with that.

April's gaze went to behind Eve and she quickly made herself scarce as Devin now came over. "The scene needs more emotion, you need to channel it more otherwise you're not convincing anyone that we're a couple".

"A little hard when we're not". Eve pointed out and glared at him. "You won't even give me a damn chance will you? You can't even stand me! You say you put 100% into these movies when preparing? So perhaps we should've gone to extremes and prepared by pretending to have been a couple!" Her anger seeped through her words. "How would you have liked that huh? I bet you'd have hated every moment of it! The headlines all saying the same thing! 'The marvellous Devin Peters coupling up with the woman who isn't a 'seasoned actress'!" She now spat back the term he'd called her. "Quite laughable actually because we both know that the media would've been all over that shit! I didn't exactly see any negative articles when they announced my casting?"

Devin simply listened as she fell silent, Eve unable to read his expression. That was just how good of an actor he was - either that or he truly didn't give a shit about anything she'd just said. By now she was feeling brave and took the chance at finishing her rant with a smug look just to piss him off. "You missed yourself an opportunity. Good press and a chance to coach me to be better if you really think I'm so bad".

By now her hatred for him had heightened and she was beyond caring whether anyone else was hearing this altercation.

He'd heard enough and turned storming away back in the direction of the director.

"Don't look back at me..." Eve murmured to herself. "Please, don't look back at me".

Her heart sank as all it took was one glance over his shoulder before he disappeared outside with his assistant in tow.