Chris Evans - Wilde One (PT 2)

I never get nervous.

But this? This is a whole new level of testing my heart rate.

Chris and I have been talking everyday since he messaged me, and things have escalated. Now I'm finally able to meet with him as the US leg of the tour has wrapped, and apart from a few girl dinner dates with Taylor and a few others (never in my life did I think I'd be out having dinner with Ryan Reynolds), my schedule is clear for me to recuperate before we resume touring back in November.

The rumours on social media about Chris and I have died down since the night he was spotted at the Boston gig - purely because I haven't been giving anything away in any videos whenever someone jokingly asks me about whether he got in touch. Instead I've simply lied or kept my silence when it's far from that.

To be honest? I didn't think he'd like me once we got to talking, but night after night we speak on the phone and just knowing I can make him laugh? It makes me feel good. It's not forced either considering we've also FaceTimed a few times.
Somehow this feels like the most natural thing in the world. He's older than other guys I've dated, there's at least twelve years between us - however you couldn't really tell given how conversation just flows so easily.

I flew into Boston yesterday and now find myself waiting on the hiking trail we've planned to meet up on. Something private and relaxed. The last thing we want is a photographer finding us - well him - and leaking it to some shit like TMZ. I'm only known to Swifties, and up until the Boston date, Chris fans didn't know who I was. They either love me, or they hate me. He tells me it'll always be divided no matter who he dates. Hearing this made me feel a little upset for him. It's like he's expected to stay sacrifice happiness and stay single for the sake of all the jealous women out there.

I wait patiently, checking my watch and overthinking that he's going to stand me up, say this was a mistake and then never speak to me again. I feel like I've just done a hike with the way my heart is pounding.
FaceTime and taking on the phone are a whole different ballgame when it comes down to finally meeting someone.

I almost jump as I hear the familiar Boston accent behind me. "Hey Wilde one".
He's grinning as I turn and try not to let him see just how flushed I am. The lead that is attached to Dodger is looped around his wrist whilst in both hands he holds two takeout cups. "Thought some caffeine might do us some good".

"Thank you". I suddenly feel a little shy as he hands it to me. "I wondered whether I was going to be stood up".

He snorts. "Trust me, I wouldn't pass up the chance of finally meeting you, and to be honest? I've been looking forward to it".

"Me too". I say because it's true. I've been counting down the damn days.

"We'll take a less hilly one". Chris points to one of the trails. "You been enjoying your downtime?"

I nod. "I have, but I also miss it already. Even the travelling - I've just been catching up with family as best as I can"

"Big or small?"

"I have three brothers and two sisters" I smirk as he chuckles. "I'm the baby and the mistake".

He shakes his head. "I'd hardly call you that - they all performers or..."

"Oh god no. My brothers are in like corporate banking and other jobs I don't really understand. My sisters run a salon together. I've got nieces and nephews too so Christmas and other holidays are chaotic".

"I can relate". He smirks. "Although Scott's usually the one causing chaos".

I sip my coffee. Somehow it tastes better than any other I've had. I wonder whether it's just because it was him that brought it, or whether there's a place here that he knows about.

"I love it here".'I admit as I take in the surroundings. "It's calm...I can imagine when the fall really hits, then it hits".

"Fall is my favourite time to be here at home. I never take work then just because I like being in that atmosphere. Trust me, once you experience it, you'll see".

I smile into my coffee. "You a pumpkin spice guy ooor..."

"I can tolerate it, but I'm not rushing out to Starbucks to grab one once it hits the fall menu".

I make a face. "Guilty!"

"Nothing wrong with that". He justifies.

"I just don't do putting pumpkin spice in anything else though. I can bake when I actually get time but even that's rare. Taylor makes these chai cookies though, and they're an absolute game changer". I begin to realise that I'm probably rambling. "Sorry...I tend to go on a lot".

He shakes his head with a smile that's content. "Doesn't bother me - I love it when I hear you talk".

At this my cheeks flush, but instead he takes his free hand and claps mine, my shyness washing away at this.

We circle the whole trail, coming back to the meeting point, and by this time I'm feeling more confident, but my heart is still skipping, especially as we come to a stop and he leans in, lips brushing against my own. His hands are resting on my waist gently, keeping me in place.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this hike to end to do that". He tells me as we break away, and that only makes me press my lips to his again. "Or just in general really"
Leaning into my ear, he presents me with an offer I can't refuse. "Wanna come back to my place?"

I don't even hesitate as I answer him.

"Yes".