Chapter Ninety-Nine: Let's Just Forget The World

"Only one left." You said the next morning after you had woken up. You had woken up at ten o'clock, since you liked getting up late. "Is it really crazy to think that something going to happen tomorrow?"
"Are you talking to yourself?" Mark asked. He was still laying in bed while you were standing up and looking out the window.
"Yes." You said, not bothering to lie about it anymore. What was the point of it? He was just going to find out and nag you until you admitted it. Better to tell him and save the hassle. "Yes I am. You gotta problem with that?"
"Man, the hormones are running strong today." He said. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."
"You almost pushed me off the bed." You said. "You were tossing and turning all night long."
He was silent after that. You were expecting some witty remark, not dead silence.
"What's wrong?" You asked. "Where's the witty remark?"
"I don't have any." He said. "I didn't sleep for most of the night. In fact, I've barely slept since the wedding."
You looked back at him and saw that he had dark circles under his eyes. You wondered how and why you didn't notice it before.
"Why didn't you tell me?" You asked, crossing your arms.
"Because you have enough shit to worry about." He said. "You have to worry about carrying a baby inside you, my cancer, and God knows what else. I don't want to put any more burden on you. I've already put plenty."
"You should have just told me." You said. "Communication is very important in a relationship and we seem to be failing at it."
"You're not wrong." He admitted. "We've been keeping secrets from one another. Well, I have at least. I don't know about you."
"Nope." You said. "I have nothing to hide. I've told you everything that you need to know."
"I'm sorry." He suddenly said.
"What?" You asked, laying down next to him. "What did you say?"
"I said that I'm sorry." He said. "I'm sorry for dragging you down with me. You don't deserve this, not after everything you've been through recently and in the past. I just want you to be happy and not have to worry about me. But it seems that the world doesn't want it to be that way."
"It's okay." You whispered. "You can't control the fact that you have cancer. It just happened. People don't choose to hurt themselves. They do choose to hurt others but sometimes it's things that no one can control. It just happens."
"Do you still love me?" He asked, avoiding your gaze. "Do you still love me even though I could drop dead at any second?"
You put one hand on his face and looked into his eyes.
"It's going to take a lot for you to make me stop loving you." You said. "You're going to have to try really hard if you want that to happen."
He smiled and gave you a quick kiss on the lips.
"I love you." He said. He'd been telling you that quite a lot recently. But it was probably due to the fact that he thought that he could die right now. He probably wanted you to know in case that ever happened.
"Happy Hanukkah!"
You jumped and looked over and saw Bob and Wade in the doorway.
"Oh shit." Bob said. "Were you guys doing something?"
"They weren't doing that." Wade said. "(Y/N)'s pregnant so that's out of the bag for a little while."
"Shut up Wade." Mark said, sitting up. "What the hell are you doing in our hotel room?"
"You gave us the keycard remember?" Bob said, holding it up.
"Why the fuck did I do that?" He asked.
"You tell me." He said. "What are you guys today? You up for hanging out with us today?"
"Yeah!" Wade said. "Since you took the cruise ship all to yourselves yesterday!"
"Wade's a bit bitter about that." Bob said, stating the obvious. "He was pretty mad when he found out."
"I see that." You said. "Mark and I are probably going to go take a tour at one of the volcanoes."
"No thanks." Wade said. "I'll spend my time on the cruise ship."
"Why don't you guys take it?" Mark asked. "It's only fair since we took it yesterday."
"Seriously?" Wade asked like someone told him that he had just won a million bucks. "You'd let us do that?"
"Yeah." Mark said. "Why not? It's tons of fun."
"Thanks man." Bob said. "You two have fun with getting killed by a volcano."
"It's not going to erupt." You said. "It hasn't erupted in a very, very long time so we should be okay."
"Tell that to the volcano when it erupts." Wade said.
"Can you do me a favor?" Mark asked him.
"Of course." He said. "What is it?"
"Shut up Wade." He said.
"You're mean."
"Do you want the ship or not?"
"Of course I want the ship. Why the fuck wouldn't I want the ship?"
"Well, if you want it you better shut up before I change my mind about letting you have it."
"Fine. Whatever."
They left the room, closing the door behind them.
"We never agreed to going to a volcano." Mark said to you when they were gone.
"I know." You said. "I just really
wanted them to leave."
"I mean, we can go if you want." He said. "I don't care. The only thing I care about is spending time with you."
"Let's go then." You said. "I'm sure that it would be tons of fun."

After the both of you were ready, you meet outside the hotel. Mark put his arm around your waist and smiled at you.
"You're looking extra pregnant today." He teased.
"Do you want to get slapped?" You asked. "If you do, keep making comments like that."
"I was joking babe." He said. You made a face that showed him that you were unamused. "Um, I love you?"
"You don't sound so sure." You asked as you began your walk towards the volcano. "I want you to go into his deep monologue about how much you love me. I want an Augustus Waters quality monologue."
He rolled his eyes and said, "You ain't gettin' a monologue today."
"I know." You said. "It would have been funny if you actually have me one though."
"I don't want to be the guy who's afraid of oblivion anyway." Mark said as the volcano came into view. "Like, who the hell cares? Unless the apocalypse comes, I'm going to be dead before the sun burns out and it devours the Earth. Unless of course humans find the gift of immortality, then we won't have to worry about anything."
"You are ridiculous." You said. "Let's just hike up the damn volcano already."
"As you wish my lady." He said.

As you were exploring the volcano with a tour guide and a few other tourists, you didn't really pay attention to the other people around you nor what the tour guide was saying about the volcano. You just took in the sights and forgot about all the problems of the world. Starvation, disease, murder, all of those things slipped your mind. You were glad that you could forget about all those things for just a little while.
"I'm surprised that we haven't gotten attacked yet." Mark said to you as the both of you were walking with the group. "Normally they would have been begging for autographs by now."
"I guess that they don't know who we are." You said. "That's okay though. It's nice to be a normal person for a while."
"Yeah." Mark agreed. "It's real nice."
You lay your head on his shoulder and continued on with the tour.