Chapter Thirty-Six: Wait What?

"Mark?" You said again. "Are you still there? Are you mad at me like I totally thought you were going to be in the first place?"
The line was still silent. That is, until you heard him laughing.
"What's so funny?" You asked.
"You think that I'm mad at you?" He said in between laughs. "That's hilarious."
"Well, I thought that you would be mad!" You said.
"Well, I'm not." He said. "I just wanted a chance to mess with you. And tell me that that wasn't funny."
You started chuckling and said, "Heh. It really was."
"See?" He said. "I succeeded at my task, which was making you laugh."
"Don't be too proud of yourself buddy." You said. You realized that now would probably be a good time for you to start getting ready for the day. "Well, I'll see you tonight. Are you going to come to the campus and pick me up?"
"Yeah." He said. "And stay beautiful."
"I'll do my best." You said. "Stay handsome."
You hung up after that. You then decided that now was a good time or you to get ready. You hopped into the shower and got dressed in a/an (F/B) T-shirt and jeans. You put the locket from Mark around your neck and went out to Dunkin Donuts to get some donuts for breakfast.

While you were eating your donut, your phone rang. You put the donut down on the table and saw that (R/N) was calling you.
"Hello?" You said into the phone.
You heard sobbing coming from the other end.
"(R/N)?" You asked, concerned. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"
"(Y/N), c-can y-you p-please c-come?" She asked in between sobs. "I-I n-need y-you."
"Okay. I'm coming." You said, standing and shoving the rest of the donut down your mouth. After gulping it down, you added, "Where are you?"
"I-I'm i-in t-the w-woods o-off c-campus." She said, still sobbing. "P-please c-come q-quickly."
"I will." You said, taking your car keys out of your purse and heading outside. "Just calm down, okay? Everything's going to be okay."
"I-I c-can't (Y/N)." She said as you started the car and began to drive back to campus.
"Never say never."
"A-are y-you a-almost h-here?"
"I'm just pulling out of Dunkin Donuts. I'll be there as soon as I can."

You talked to (R/N) the entire time that you were driving back to campus. Once you were parked, you got out of the car, slamming the door and locking the car behind you. You placed your keys in your purse and found a sobbing (R/N) waiting for you.
"(R/N).." You said. But before you could say anything else, she threw herself into your arms and sobbed even more than she did on the phone. You hugged her tightly.
"It's okay." You said. "Now, tell me what's wrong?"
She sniffled, broke out of the hug, and said, "Why don't I just show you?"
Before you could say anything, she grabbed your wrist and dragged you inside the woods.
"Oh. My. God." You said when you saw what she was so upset about.