Chapter Thirty-Eight: Remember What I Told You?

"Mark!" You cried happily, throwing yourself into his arms. He hugged you back, putting his right hand in your (H/C) hair.
After hugging for a little bit, you broke out, giving him a quick kiss in the lips in the process.
"What the hell are you doing here?" You asked happily, a smile on your face.
"I wanted to check up on you." He said. "I was really worried about you."
"It's not me you should be worrying about." You said. "It's my roommate. She's more upset than I am. And she hasn't come back."
"I'm sure she's fine." He said, taking your hand in his. "Let's go for a walk, shall we?"
"Okay." You replied happily.

You walked around the campus for a little bit before settling on the fountain.
"It's so unfair." You said upon sitting down.
"What is?" Mark asked, putting an arm around you. You laid your head on his shoulder after that.
"That my brother, the one person that I thought that was dead, turned out to be alive." You said. "And then Fate decided to be cruel to me and he had to die. Well, actually I have a firm belief that he committed suicide."
"Why do you believe that?" He asked.
"Because, even though he seemed super happy, he could have been hiding something this whole time and no one knew."
"Maybe." Mark said.
"I feel like it's my fault." You said.
"It's not your fault." He said, titling your head up so that you could see into his big brown eyes. "It was his decision, not yours. You had no control over what he was going to do. It wasn't your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault."
"But I still believe that someone could have helped him." You said.
"Well, you're not wrong when you say that." he said. "But, it was his choice in the end. It was his life, not yours."

You sighed, knowing he was right. You sighed again before replying, "Yeah. You're right. God, why do you have to be right?"
"Because I'm awesome." he said. Before you could respond, he kissed you. You kissed him back, putting your fingers in his hair.
"Date tonight?" You asked after the kiss with a big smile on your face.
"Absolutely." He said. He stood up and you stood up with him because you didn't want him to let you go. "Well, I gotta go. I'll pick you up tonight."
"Okay." You said, planting a kiss on his cheek. "I can't wait."
"Me neither."

"Hey. You okay?"
You said that to (R/N) when you got back to your dorm.
"I'm better." She said.
"Would picking out an outfit for my date tonight make you feel even better?" You asked.
She sat up and looked at you.
"Let's go right now." She said.
You laughed as she got her purse from her bedside table. You did the same thing and headed out of the dorm together.