Chapter Eight: Another Memory

As you settled into bed that night, you hoped that another memory would come up.

You still wondered if anyone else besides would come and visit you. In fact, you wondered if you had any family at all.
Regardless of your thoughts, you fell into sleep as soon as you closed your eyes. And, sure enough, another memory was coming back to you.

*****

You saw the same little girl that you saw last night. The only difference was that she actually looked healthy and well put together. She was arguing with what appeared to be her grandparents.
"(Y/N), you must understand why we took you away from them." The old man that you assumed to be your grandpa said. "They were going to hurt you if we didn't step in sooner."
"But Mom and Dad are fine!" The little girl protested. "No one is perfect! They just need time to correct their mistakes."
"Sweetie, we gave them ten years." Your grandma said. "It's about time that we started being your parents."
"No!" The little girl protested. "You can't do this!"
"Sure we can darling." Your grandpa said. "And that's what exactly what we're doing.There's nothing that you can do or say that's going to change our minds so just stop yelling and throwing a tantrum and just accept this."
You were dying to hear the little girl's response only be woken up by a sharp pain.

*****

Turns out, your rib suddenly started hurting again and your neck hurt because you slept on it the wrong way. You resisted the urge to curse because of how much pain that you were in.
The next thing you knew, you were sitting up and your nurse was bringing a generic breakfast of oatmeal and toast along with a glass of white milk.
"Thanks." You said to the nurse when she set the tray on your lap.
You began eating your breakfast as soon as she was out of the room.