Chapter Forty-Two: The Date

"Wow!" You said once you were in the restaurant. "This is China Food, isn't it?"
"You better believe it is." He said. "Only the best for you (Y/N)."
"You're so sweet!" You said. "You shouldn't have."

After getting to your table and ordering your drinks, you talked with each other.
"How are you doing?" He asked. "You know, with the whole Jet killing himself thing?"
"Oh." You said upon hearing his name. You remembered that (R/N) said that he was murdered. But, who did it? "Fine."
"I sense that there's something that you're not telling me." He said.
"I told you everything!" You said, trying to get away with this lie.
"(Y/N)," He said, leaning back in the booth that he was sitting in. "No matter how hard you try, you're not going to be a good liar so stop trying."
You sighed, but thought that it was at least worth a chance.
"Fine." You said, admitting defeat. "I thought that it was at least worth a shot."
"Well, you failed." He said, a smile forming on his face. "Now, tell me what's up."
"Jet didn't commit suicide." You said. "H-he was murdered."
"What?" Mark said, nearly spitting out his drink. "You're shitting me, right?"
"Nope." You said. "I'm anything but shitting you."
"Damn." he said. "Well, how the hell did you find this out?"
"(R/N) told me." You said.
"You're not safe then." He said. "You gotta get the hell outta there."
"Mark, I just can't drop everything and leave." You said.
"Well, I don't want you getting killed." He said. "I can't lose you (Y/N)."
"And you won't." You promised. "I'm a big girl. I can keep myself safe."
He sighed. He was silent for a few moments before he said, "Fine. But be careful, okay?"
"I will." You said.
"Trust no one."
You rolled your eyes and said, "Yeah. Yeah. I get it."
"I'm just saying." He said.

"This food is fucking delicious." You said. "Holy shit."
"I know right?" Mark said. "I love this place."
"You know what else I love?" You asked.
"What?" He asked, looking at you with those sexy brown eyes of his.
"You." You said, giggling a bit.
"I love you too." He said, standing up a bit and leaning over to you. You did the same thing and the two of you quickly kissed. You smiled, sitting back down.
"This night has been awesome." You said.
"And there's still more to come." He said.
"Really?" You asked.
"Of course." He said. "Though I think that we should get dessert first."
"Agreed." You said. "Can't wait to see what you have planned for me."