Chapter Seventy-Nine: Spreading The Word

You laughed as you wiped away tears from your eyes.
"Of course." You said.
He smiled and stood up as he placed the ring on your finger. You looked at it for a brief moment before kissing him.

"Holy shit." A drunk Wade in the backseat said. "You gonna get married?"
"Not right now." You said. "But yes. We'll be getting married."
"That's exciting." Wade said. "Can I bring my-" His sentence was cut off by a burp. "Unicorn?"
"You don't have a unicorn Wade." Mark said.
"I have a unicorn." A drunk Bob said. "It's pink and fluffy."
"Have fun with those two." You said as Mark pulled into your driveway. "I'm sure they'll be fun to deal with while you're taking them home."
"They will." He said. He placed his hand on your hand and added, "Guess what?"
"You want to throw me into the deepest depths of hell?" You asked teasingly.
"Very funny." He said. "But no. I love you."
"I love you more."
"No, I love you more."
"Well, I love you to the moon and back."
"I love you to Neptune and back."
"You both love each other!" An angry Wade said, interrupting the moment. "We get it. Just get out of the car."
You both just ignored him. You were determined to prove to him that you loved him more than he loved you.
"I love you to the end of the Milky Way Galaxy and back." You said.
"I love you more than a while girl loves Starbucks."
"I love you more than a stereotypical American loves bacon."
"I love you more than free wifi."
"I love you more than-"
"Shut up!" Bob yelled. "I'm trying to watch the lights move."
Mark laughed and said, "I know the perfect way to end this."
"Let's hear it." You said.
"I love you more today than I did yesterday. But not as much as I will tomorrow."
"Damn it." You said, realizing that you lost. "You win this round. But this isn't over, you hear me?"
"Loud and clear." He said. He smiled and said, "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"
"Okay." You said right before he kissed you.
After you broke out of the kiss, you smiled and got out of the car. You watched as his car backed out of your driveway and didn't look back until it was out of sight.

As you walked to the door, you looked down at the ring and the event of Mark proposing to you replayed in your head. You couldn't believe that he was planning to do that.
"Someone's a happy camper." Mom said, answering the door because it was locked. "I'm assuming that you had a good time?"
"I had a great time." You said.
"Good." Mom said. "I'm glad. What's the best thing that happened to you while you were there?"
You smiled and held up your left hand so that she could see the new ring on your finger.
"You got a ring?" She asked. "Well, that doesn't seem that exciting."
You couldn't help laughing and said, "Mom, I didn't just get a ring. I got a ring for a purpose."
"For what purpose?" She asked.
"Oh God." You said. "Mom, let me spell it out for you."
"Please do." She said.
"Mark proposed." You said.
"He did?" She asked, her eyes widening.
"Yeah." You said.
"Honey, that's wonderful." She said, hugging you tightly. "I've got to tell your father." She cleared her throat before yelling upstairs, "Darling, come down here!"
"What for?" Dad called down.
"(Y/N) has some news for us." She said.
"I'm coming." He called.
You felt your phone vibrate in your hand. You turned it on to see that Mark sent you a video. Curious, you unlocked your phone and saw a message below it.
"Found this on Wade's phone. It's when I became the happiest man on earth. Filmed by a sober Wade."
You smiled as you tapped on the video. You tapped play and listened as you and Mark talked about all the things that you went through together.
"So, what's the news?"
You paused the video and turned off your phone when you heard your Dad's voice.
"(Y/N), why don't you show him?" Mom asked.
You went up to Dad and showed him the ring on your finger.
"What's that for?" He asked, adjusting his glasses.
"Really Dad?" You asked. "Mom was clueless too."
"Why don't you just tell me?" He asked.
You sighed and said, "Fine."
You paused for dramatic effect before telling him the news.
"Mark proposed." You said. "And I said yes. Hence why I have this ring."
"Have him come over tomorrow." He said. "I need to give my blessing."
"You're actually going to give us your blessing?" You asked.
"You'll see." He said. "Now, off to bed now. Your mother is going to want to discuss wedding plans with you in the morning."

You went up to your room and closed the door behind you. You changed into your pajamas and laid down in bed. Once you were comfortable, you watched the video of the proposal and wished that you could live that moment again.