Chapter Twenty-Four: Seeing Crimson

That night, you dreamt. You were also snuggling with Mark while you both slept. You could hear his heart beating as you fell into sleep.
"What the hell?" You muttered to yourself as you entered the dream. Your vision was clouded with crimson and you could barely see your surroundings. All you could make out was a dead body. You assumed this was the dead body of (B/N), your brother.
"No." You whispered. "Not this again."
But, still seeing Crimson in your vision, you saw that the dead body wasn't your brother's.
It was Mark's.
"Oh my God!" You cried, turning away from the sight. "No!"

You awoke with tears streaming down your face. You were surprised that Mark didn't wake you up and ask you what was wrong.
You lifted your head off of his chest, no longer hearing his heart beat. You saw tears streaming down his face.
You wiped away his tears and murmured, "Hey, wake up."
When he didn't stir and shed even more tears, you wiped them away and murmured to him again.
"Wake up and tell me what's wrong, baby."
He opened his eyes and sat up. He hugged you then, tighter than he has ever hugged you before.
"Thank God." He whispered in your ear.
"What's wrong?" You asked. "You were crying."
"Oh God, it was horrible." He said, resting his head on your shoulder. You ran your fingers through his hair.
"It's okay." You said. "I'm here. And I ain't going anywhere."
"Good." He said.
You smiled at him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.
"Tell me what you dreamt." You said.
He sighed, avoiding eye contact with you.
"I fell into the dream." He said. "But my vision was clouded with crimson so I could barely see anything. I walked around and I saw three dead bodies. When I got closer to them, I saw that they were my mom and brother. And the, the last literally felt like someone took a knife and stabbed me right in the chest."
"Who was it?" You asked.
"It was you." He said, looking at you dead in the eyes.
"I had the same dream." You said. "Except I only saw you dead."
"What does this mean?" He asked.
"I don't think that it really means anything." You said. "I think that they're just nightmares."
"You're probably right." He said. "Because, if I lost you, oh God."
"Don't even think about that." You said. "I'm here to stay. Besides, it's going to take a lot for me to leave."
"Very true." He said, smiling at you. He wrapped you tighter in his arms and laid back down on the bed.
"Thank God I found you again (Y/N)." He murmured, sounding like he was falling back into sleep.
"What do you mean?" You asked. But then you remembered that you knew each other back in high school. "Oh yeah. Hey. You never tell me what we were like when we were in high school."
He smiled and said, "That's not important. What's important is the fact that we're here together, at this very moment."
"Yeah but that's not going to last long." You said.
"We'll see each other again." He said. "I guarantee it."
"Of course we will." You said. "But I'll miss you like crazy."
"I'll miss you more."
"No! I'll miss you more."
This continued on for about two minutes when you let Mark win the "who misses the other person" contest.
"No! I'll miss you more!" He said.
"Fine." You said with a smile on your face.
"Yes!" He said. "Now, let's do a "who loves the other person" more contest!"
"Oh God." You groaned. But you followed that groan with a laugh. You were determined to win this time.
"Okay. Let's begin. I love you."
"I love you more."
"No. I love you more."
As you went on an on, you laughed even more.
"No. I love you more."
"Nope. I love you more."
"Fine."
"Wow. You didn't go for very long."
"I'm tired."
"That makes sense." You said laughing.
"Good night." He said, hugging you so tight that it was a wonder that you could still breathe.
"Good night." You said, laying your head on his chest and falling asleep to the steady beating of his heart.