Chapter Twenty-Five: The First Day

(R/N)- Roommate's name (a girl name because your roommate is a girl because you can't have a boy roommate because of the rules. Disappointing, I know. Or is it?)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It was finally time. The first day of school. You were nervous but Mark tried to reassure you that you would be okay.

You got into the passenger seat of Mark's car (your car was already at the University) and you couldn't make eye contact with him because you knew that this would be the last time that you would see him in person for a while.
"Nervous for your first day?" He asked you, never taking his eyes off of the road.
"Of course." You said. "I don't know what kind of people I'm going to meet there. And I don't know if my roommate is going to be a complete bitch or not."
"The people there are nice." He reassured.
"How do you know?" You asked.
"Do you not trust me or something?" He asked.
"Of course I trust you." You said. "Why wouldn't I trust you?"
"Because I get up in the middle of the night and slaughter thousands of people for no reason." He joked.
"Very funny." You said. "But for real, I trust you with my life."
"Good to know." He said. "And I trust you with my life as well."
You smiled and began to play with the heart locket that hung around your neck. Mark had gotten it for you when you turned twenty-two.
You sighed happily as the memory of him giving it to you came back to you.

"Happy birthday (Y/N)!" He said, lifting you out of bed, kissing you sweetly on the lips, and carrying you out into the living room.
"Mark, what the hell?" You asked as he tossed you on the couch.
"Stay there." He said. "I've been planning this for a week now."
"Oh God." You said, rolling your eyes as he went into the kitchen.
"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" Mark and two other people sung as Mark carried your cake with twenty-two lit candles towards you. Those two other people were Bob and Wade. "Happy birthday dear (Y/N)! Happy birthday to you!"
"You guys." You said happily as you say up and as the cake was placed on your lap. "You didn't have to do this you know."
"Oh yes we did." Mark said. "You're awesome (Y/N)."
"Plus, you're a damn good 'Drunk Minecraft' buddy." Wade said.
You laughed. But you only really did it to make them happy. You didn't really enjoy drinking too much.
"Thanks Wade." You said, rolling your eyes.
"Blow out the candles (Y/N)!" Bob said.
"Make a wish!" Mark teased.
You rolled your eyes again before you made a wish to yourself in your head.
"I wish that I could be with Mark."
You smiled as you blew out the candles.
"And now we eat cake!" Bob cheered happily.
You all laughed and Bob took the cake off of your lap.
"Well, you guys go on ahead and start cutting the cake." Mark said. "I have to give (Y/N) her present."
"Oooo!" Wade said.
"Shut up Wade!" Mark said, slapping his friend on the back. "Go on, you two."
They did so. He grabbed your wrist and dragged you off of the couch. He led you upstairs into his room (technically your room as well) and closed the door.
"Close your eyes." He said.
"Why?" You asked.
"Don't ask why." He said. "Or no present for you."
You shut your eyes immediately.
"No peeking." He said. You could hear him opening a drawer. You then heard the drawer closing and his footsteps approaching you.
"Hold out your hands." He said.
You did so. You felt him place something on them.
"Open your eyes."
You did so. You saw a square shaped item with pink wrapping paper in your hands.
"What are you waiting for?" He asked. "Open it."
"Don't have to tell me twice." You said as you tore off the wrapping paper. You then found another box, except it looked like it had a necklace in it.
You took the lid off and saw a medium size silver heart being held by a silver chain in the box.
"Mark." You said. "This is beautiful."
"Read the back of it." He said.
You took it out of the box, placing the box on the bed and holding the necklace in your hands. You turned it over to see, in cursive handwriting, there was a message.
"When I'm sad, I think about you, because you bring a smile to my face and are the light of my life.
When I'm happy, I think about you. Because that only makes me even more happy.
When I hold you, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Because I love you.
When I kiss you, I feel like my heart is going to beat right out of my chest. Because you give me a feeling that no one else can give me.
(Y/N), you are truly the queen of the squirrels."
"Mark!" You said, putting a hand on your heart. "That's so sweet."
He took the necklace from your hand and put it around your neck. After he put it on, he wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed you on the cheek.
"Look on the inside." He said.
You opened the heart to see a picture of you and Mark together. You were both smiling and holding each other close.
"I love it." You said, closing the heart. "Thank you so much."
"No (Y/N)." He said. "Thank you for loving me."
You smiled and brought your lips to his. You ran your fingers through his hair and kissed him until you needed a breath.
"Let's go eat cake now." He said.