Chapter Sixty-One: Mental Battles

You woke up back in the hospital. (R/N) was right by your side when you woke up.
"Hey there." She said, smiling at you. "Welcome back."
"I would say that it's good to be back." You said. "But I'm not really sure if I want to say that or not."
"Hey, Mark's gone completely crazy." (R/N) said. "That's why they're putting him in an asylum."
"They're what?!" You said, sitting up in your bed. "The asylum?"
"Yeah." She said. "He's being possessed by a demon and he literally goes from Darkiplier to himself in a spilt second. So they decided to put him in there until the demon leaves."
"Well, Darkiplier isn't going to just leave." You said. "I know that. He's ruthless."
"No kidding." (R/N) said. "He drained you of your blood and they literally had to give you more because you were about to die."
"Really?" You asked. To yourself, you muttered, "He sucked that much blood?"
"Wait, Dark sucked your blood?!" (R/N) asked in shock.
"Yeah." You said. "It was horrible."
"Well, no kidding." (R/N) said. "I would imagine that it wouldn't exactly be fun."
"Trust me." You said. "It's not."
"Visitors!" The nurse called in your room.
"Send them in!" You called back.
"Who the hell came for you?" (R/N) asked. "It's obviously not Mark."
"I don't know." You said, shrugging. "But we'll see."
"What's up (Y/N)?" A familiar voice that you haven't heard in a while. "You lookin' good."
"Don't make Mark jealous." Another familiar voice that you haven't heard in a long time said.
(R/N) gasped upon seeing who it was and you just smiled.
"How's it going Bob and Wade?" You asked. "It's been a really long time."
"Oh my gosh!" (R/N) said, most likely fangirling. "I never thought that I would actually get to meet you guys! This is awesome!"
"Who's that (Y/N)?" Bob asked.
"That's (R/N)." You said. "(R/N), Bob and Wade. Bob and Wade, (R/N)."
"Nice to meet you (R/N)." Wade said, hugging her. Bob did the same after him.
"This is awesome!" She said. "I got to meet you guys! Best day ever!"

You spent a week in the hospital recovering before you had to go back to school and get caught up on all of the missing work you had. You even had a test in Professor Anderson's class.
"Whatever happened to Professor Anderson?" You asked (R/N) while you did your missing homework.
"He's in jail." (R/N) said. "He got charged with attempted murder. He's gonna be in there for twenty years tops."
"Wow." You said. "That's a lot of prison food."
"No kidding." (R/N) said. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something but you'll probably say no so I won't ask."
"What is it?" You asked as you finished what seemed like your one millionth homework assignment.
"It's almost curfew but I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to the asylum." She said. "I've been going there in your place and keeping Mark company and he really misses you and I may or may not have promised him that I would bring you with me in the next couple of days."
"How long until curfew?" You asked.
"About an hour and a half." (R/N) said.
"We can go." You said, standing up. "Let's go."

As (R/N) drove to the asylum, you thought a lot about Dark and Mark equally. You didn't think about how their names rhymed but you thought about what it would truly be like to have a demon lying dormant in you for all that time and then suddenly decide to take over.
"Must be Hell." You said as you entered the asylum.
"Welcome." (R/N) said as you both entered.
"This place is scary." You said. "It literally looks like a prison."
"It is." She muttered to you as she went to the front desk. She said to the lady at the counter, "I'm back. You know who I want to see."
"Is the girl that you brought with you the girl that the both of them have been asking for?" The lady asked with a bored look on her face.
"Yes." (R/N) said. "Can we go see him?"
"Sure." She said.
"Okay." (R/N) replied. "Come on (Y/N)."

As you were walking with (R/N), you looked at all of the insane people that were locked away. Some of them hid in corners, turning themselves away from everyone around them. Others screamed. Even more pounded and pounded, demanding to be let out.
"This is horrifying." You said.
"Imagine how Mark feels." (R/N) said as you turned a corner.
"I don't really want to." You admitted.
"Hi Mark." (R/N) said, going up to where he was being held. "I brought someone with me."
She beckoned for me to come over and you did. His eyes lit up upon seeing you. You knew that Dark was at bay...for now.
"(Y/N)." He said happily. You looked down and noticed that his hands were handcuffed. "I didn't think that you would come."
"Why wouldn't have I?" You said, putting your hand on the glass. He did the same.
"I don't know." He said. "But I have something to ask you."
"What is it?" You asked.
"Will you-?"
He fell on the ground, having a seizure.
"Oh my God!" You said in horror.
"This happens when him and Dark are fighting." (R/N) explained. "Honestly, I was horrified the first time."
He got up again, his eyes red. You never noticed that his eyes were red the first time.
"Will you be apart of my evil uprising?" Dark asked.
"No asshole." You said. "Leave Mark alone! What did he ever do?"
"(Y/N), don't pretend that you don't remember the accident." He said.
"Is this what all of this shit is about?" You asked. "Because the accident was a year ago buddy. You didn't get pissed then."
"Why would I be pissed?" He asked. "I'm a killing machine. People dying is awesome. Anyway, he still feels kinda guilty about it. It's on his mind a lot. Kinda why he started drinking."
Dark fell on the ground. Another seizure was happening. You looked away when this one happened. You couldn't bear to see Mark in this state.
"Asshole." He muttered as he got up. You looked back at him and he approached you.
"Anyway," he said. "I wanted to ask you something. But I was rudely interrupted by an asshole."
"Ask before he comes back." You said.
"(Y/N." He said. "I know that this is kinda really bad timing but I couldn't ask this before. But that's only because I was going to L.A. Anyway, I wanted to ask you if, through all this dumb bullshit that I'm going to be going through for who-the-hell-knows-how-long, you wanted to be my girlfriend?"