Chapter Twenty-Seven: Drowning In Homework

"Fuck everything!" You said once you had finished your last class of the day. "First day and there's so much shit to do?!"
"That's how it rolls here in Cincinnati (Y/N)." A voice said behind you.
You nearly jumped five feet in the air when you turned around to see who had startled you. Jet. Of course.
You rolled your eyes and asked, "Why are you always somewhere where you shouldn't be?"
"Why are you always so intent on doing good here?" He asked. "You didn't have to go to college, you know."
"Listen buddy." You said, your temper running short with him. "I came here because I had the money given to me. Plus, it's what my grandpa wanted for me."
"What about what you wanted?" He asked. "What did you want for you?"
"I wanted to go here." You said. It wasn't a lie. You actually were legitimately interested in this school. You didn't need this jackass telling you what you were interested in and what you weren't. "Besides, it's none of your business in the first place."
"Oh, yes it is." Jet said, a playful smile forming on his face.
You just rolled your eyes and continued to where you were going to before this asshole came along and interrupted you. And that was to your dorm.

"And....done!" You said, throwing your pencil on top of your (C/M) textbook. "Finally!"
You looked at the clock and saw that it was nine-thirty.
"Are you fucking kidding me?" You said. "I wanted to have some time to myself before I went to bed."
"You do." Came (R/N)'s voice. The entire time that you were doing homework, she was on the phone with Jet and she was giggling. You told her numerous times to stop and she didn't stop until you threw your Literature book at her.
"Not really." You said. "I gotta go to bed at ten if I want to get the full eight hours of sleep."
"You're no fun." (R/N) said, rolling her eyes. "Oh my gosh! Jet and I are going for a walk in the park tomorrow! Did I tell you that?"
"No but I heard you gushing on the phone about it." You said. "While a certain someone was doing their homework."
"You could have just gone to the library, you know." (R/N) said. "There's no gushing there. There's only that mean old lady that yells at you every time you talk."
"Well, I remember that for next time." You said. "Don't look. I'm getting my pajamas on."
"Okay." (R/N) said, turning her head towards the wall. She was silent until you told her that she could look again.
"Hey, is it true that you have a heroin addiction?" She asked. "I got an anonymous tip saying that (Y/N) (L/N) had a heroin addiction. It was from a number that I don't recognize."
"What the hell Mark?" You thought to yourself. "How the hell did you get (R/N)'s phone number? Damn it. He probably got it from the office."
"And you would believe it because...?" You asked (R/N).
"I didn't say that I believed it." She said. "All I was asking was if it was true or not."
"That's none of your business." You said.
"Sure it is." (R/N) said. "We're roommates now. We've gotta know lots about each other. We're gonna be best friends."
"Yeah, no thanks." You said. You want to be friends with (R/N) but just for the time that you were going to be in college. You weren't really looking towards her being a best friend for life or anything like that. "That's not really my thing."
"A loner, I see." She said. "Well, that's okay. I'm here to help you break out of your shell."
"I didn't say that I wanted that." You said.
"Come on!" (R/N) said. "Being social is good for you (Y/N)."
"I'm just here to get my degree." You said.
"Oh. I see." She said. "You're one of those people."
"What do you mean?" You asked, sitting up from your bed. "Jet said the same thing to me earlier when school ended."
"And he's right." (R/N) said. "You're here to focus on your studies and your studies only."
"Of course that's what I'm here for." You said. "You think that I'm going to pay all of this money to go here and waste it by partying all day and night? Well, if you think that, I'm sorry to say that you are very much mistaken."
"I didn't say that all of college was about partying." (R/N) said. "I'd say that seventy-five precent of it should be about classes and such and the others should be about the parties."
"Then that means that you're only giving seventy-five precent of effort into classes." You said. "You should give one-hundred percent because school is important. Very important. Especially if you want to maintain a good GPA."
You could hear (R/N) facepalming and you looked over to see her shaking her head at you.
"Oh (Y/N)." She said, sighing. "Let me break something to you. When you go and get a job, most of the time they don't look at the GPA. They look at stuff like your background. And you seem like your background's pretty good. Unless I'm wrong and you're secretly an axe murderer."
"I'm good except for murdering my brother." You thought. "Other than that, I seem to be pretty good. Right? Or is there more that I don't know?"
"No." You said to (R/N). "I'm a good person."
"Okay." She said. "That's what I thought. Anyway, Jet and I are going to this party that one of his senior friends is hosting. You should go with us."
"I've got plans." You said.
"What? To lock yourself in the library and study?" (R/N) asked.
"Nope." You said. "I'm going out with a friend."
"Oooo." (R/N) gushed. "Who is this friend?"
"Just a friend that I've known for years now." You said. "No one special."
"You sure about that?" (R/N) asked.
"Positive." You said. You glanced over at your alarm clock and saw that it was time for you to go to bed. "Anyway, I'm going to be now. Good night."
"Okay. Good night (Y/N)." (R/N) said, turning her lamp that sat on her bedside table off. "See you in the morning."
"Good night (R/N)." You said, turning off your lamp as well. You fell asleep almost as soon as your head hit the pillow.