Chapter Thirty-Nine: Shopping Trip!

(D/C)- Dress Color! (Don't you dare say blue and black or white and gold)
(D/L)- Dress Length!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
What about this one? Or this one?" (R/N) asked. She was going through tons of dresses on the dress rack. And, being the way that you are, you didn't really want to wear a dress.
"What about a nice shirt and jeans?" You asked, walking towards another section of the store. "Maybe even a nice pair of earrings and a nice necklace. How does that sound to you?"
"Get back here (Y/N)!" (R/N) said, grabbing your arm and dragging you back towards the dresses. "You are wearing a dress!"
"Ugh!" You said. "I don't want to though."
"It'll be okay." She said. "And you're going to blow him away with this dress, trust me."
She placed a (D/C) dress that was (D/L). You sighed as (R/N) pushed you into the changing room and shut the door behind you. You locked it so that no one would walk in on you.
"Mark's fucking jaw better drop in the damn ground when he sees me." You said. "And his eyes better be on the verge of falling out of their sockets."

You walked out of the changing room with the dress on. (R/N)'s eyes widen and her jaw dropped.
"Oh. My. God. (Y/N)." She said. "You look drop-dead gorgeous."
"Really?" You asked. "I wasn't sure if the color looked good on me or not."
"It looks amazing." She said. "What time is your date tonight?"
"I don't know." You said. "He didn't tell me."
"Well, text him and ask him!" (R/N) said. You made your way back into the changing room. "Oh, and while you're in there, change out of the dress."
"Well, no shit (R/N)." You said as you closed the door. You got your phone out of your coat pocket and texted Mark.
"What time are you picking me up tonight?" You texted. You followed that with a winky face.
"How's seven sound?" he texted back.
"Sounds amazing." You said, following that with a heart.
You put your phone back in your coat pocket and began taking the dress off.
"Okay." You said to (R/N). "I'm hungry. Please tell me that you're hungry so I have a good excuse to get food."
"No. I'm not." she said. But you knew that she was lying.
"That's bullshit." You said. "And you know it."
"Fine. I am." she said. "Well, where the hell do you want to go?"
"Let's just go to the food court." You said. "I don't know what the fuck it's called."
"Neither do I." (R/N) said. "And frankly I don't give a shit."
Well, you found that going to get food was a bad idea. Because (R/N) ordered all the foods that Jet liked and she started bawling.
"It's okay." You said, rubbing her back and trying your best to comfort her. You lowered your voice and muttered, "People are staring."
"I'm sorry." she said, wiping away her tears. "Maybe it was a terrible idea to order your dead boyfriend's favorite food."
You pulled her into a hug and said, "It's okay. We all get upset sometimes. I'm upset about it too."
"You don't seem to be all that upset." she said.
"Well, I'm pretty good at hiding my feelings when I need to hide them." You said.
"I wish that I had that skill." she said. "I'm jealous."
You laughed and broke out of the hug.
"I'm worth being jealous of. " You smirked.
"Shut the fuck up!" she said, shoving you. "Or I'll make sure that your date gets cancelled."
"You love me too much to ever do that to me." You said, smirking even more.
"Yeah. You're right." she said, looking at the ground with a smile on her face.