Chapter Eighty-Two: Not You Too

"Mom." You said, feeling the tears coming down your face. "H-how could this happen?"
"Because the world is a cruel place." Mom said, pulling you into a hug. "You should know that by heart (Y/N)."
"Why does everyone I love have to die or defy me in some way?" You asked. "There was grandpa when I was in the hospital from the accident, there was Jet when a "friend" of mine killed him, and there was (R/N) killing him and all of those people. Why can't I just have good luck for once?"
"You did have good luck for once." Mom said. "You met Mark and you had the blessing of falling in love with him."
"You're right." You said, breaking out of the hug. "And I'm going to tell him what happened."
Mom nodded and you stepped out of the room. You took your phone and dialed his number. After that, you put the phone to your ear and listened as it rang.
"Hello?" Mark's voice came after three rings.
"Hi." You said.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yes." You lied. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be okay?"
"(Y/N), don't you dare lie to me." He said. "If there's something wrong, you better tell me."
You sighed, knowing that he was going to nag you until you told him.
"Fine. I'll tell you what's wrong."
"That's my girl."
"I'm not a dog."
"I know. Anyway, tell me what's wrong."
"My dad died of a heart attack."
"(Y/N), the world doesn't like you." Mark said. "It's like everyone that you ever love dies."
"Don't remind me." You said. "But can you come to my house and hug me?"
"Of course." He said. "I'll be over in a bit."
"Okay." You said. "I'm at the hospital right now and I have to drive home so you might get there before me."
"Okay." He said. "See you in a bit."
"Okay." You said. "Bye. I love you."
"I love you too." He said.
You hung up after that and went back in the room where your mom was standing next to your dad and holding his hand.
"Mom, we gotta go home." You said. "I told Mark that I wanted him to comfort me so we gotta go."
"Okay." She said reluctantly as she let go of your dad's hand. "Let's go. But first let me get something from my car."

"Where is she?" You wondered. You had been sitting in your car for about ten minutes. You tried calling her twice but she hadn't answered. You ultimately decided to check her car.
You sighed as you shut your door behind you and went over to her car.
"Locked." You said as you tried to open the passenger's door.
"Locked." You repeated trying to open the door behind it.
"Locked." You said once more when you tried to open the back door on the other side. "The driver's door better not be locked."
And it wasn't. You sat in the front seat and adjusted the mirror. But you would soon regret ever adjusting it.