Chapter Eighty-One: No This Isn't Happening

The call was from your mom. You frantically answered the call.
"Hello?" You said, trying not to sound like you were freaking out.
"Hey sweetie." She said. She also sounded like she was trying not to freak out.
"Where are you guys?" You asked. "I woke up and looked all over the house for you but you guys were nowhere to be found."
"I had to take your father to the hospital." Mom said.
"What?" You asked, shocked to hear that that was why they were missing. "What happened? And why wasn't I informed of this until now?"
"It happened while you were sleeping." Mom said. "And I didn't want to wake you because you looked so peaceful."
"Mom, if there's an emergency, you wake me no matter what." You said. "I shouldn't have to explain these things to you. This should just be common sense."
"Well, let me shed some light on the situation." She said. "Your father had a heart attack."
"A heart attack?" You asked. "And you didn't wake me up for that?"
"Like I said, I didn't want to." She said. "Anyway, he's doing just fine. He says that he wants to see you."
"Then I'll be right over." You said. "Can you pass that onto him?"
"Of course." She said. "See you when you get there."
"Bye." You said before hanging up the phone. After you hung up, you put your phone in your pocket, grabbed your keys from the counter, and sprinted out to your car.

The whole time you were driving, you were worried about your dad. Even though Mom said that he was okay, you were still worried. That's why you literally ran into the hospital at lightning speed.
"Calm down (Y/N)." Mom said, grabbing your shoulder before you could get to the front desk and demand to see your dad. "Everything's okay. I told you that."
"Then let me see him." You said.
"Fine." Mom said. "I'll take you to him if you promise me that you calm down."
"Fine. I promise." You said.
"Then come with me." Mom said, walking to the hallway and beckoning you over.
"Okay." You said, going over to her.

She led you to the room that your dad was in and you were shocked by what you saw.
"Mom, are you sure that he's alive?" You asked.
"I didn't want to tell you." Mom said, avoiding your gaze. "But I guess I have to."
"What is it?" You asked.
"Your dad died of the heart attack." Mom said, a grave look on her face. "I didn't want to tell you before because I didn't want you to panic while you were driving."