Chapter Sixty-Three: Death's Hour

It's been a year since you started dating a man who was falling into the Hell known as insanity. A year since Jet was murdered. A year since everything went down.
So, where are you now?

"Dark has completely taken over." You thought to yourself. "The murder of Jet still hasn't been solved. They have more clues but it's not enough to lead us in the right direction. I've been going to rehab and it sucks. So much has changed in a year."
"Would you say that you aren't really dating Mark anymore?" (R/N) asked you while you were in your first class of the day. Professor Anderson was replaced by Professor Lee and she was replaced by some foreign person that you didn't really know.
"I guess." You said, shrugging. "I mean, Dark's completely taken over him so I guess that I'm technically dating Dark now."
"That's terrifying." (R/N) said. "And what's even more terrifying is that they haven't solved the murder of Jet yet."
"And today is the one year anniversary of his death." You said sadly.
"Oh yeah." She said. "I forgot about that."
"How could you forget?" You asked. "You dated him."
"That's true." She said. "And it was fun while it lasted."
"I talked to my parents." You said. "You know, the ones that adopted me and they don't know that I'm dating Mark. Now I'm wondering if I should tell them."
"Hell no." She said. "How the hell are you going to say, "Uh, Mom and Dad, I may or may not be in a relationship with a demon. But don't worry. My actual boyfriend is inside of him. He's just been possessed"?"
"Good point." You said. "How about we go and see him today?"
"You can." (R/N) said. "I have some things to take care of."
"What kind of things?" You asked.
"A project for my class." She said.
"Which class?" You asked.
"My fashion class." She said. "We're supposed to design an outfit for the teacher to wear."
"Have fun with that." You said as the bell rang and you gathered up your things. "Sounds like a blast."

After school ended and all of your homework was finished, you got into your car and drove down to the asylum. You were a regular guest there and you weren't exactly proud to admit it.
"Every day I get scared that Dark killed him." You said to yourself as you drove. "Then again, I still get scared to drive a car because of the accident."
As you thought about that, you got a small pocket knife out of your glove department and opened it to make sure that the blade was still good. Sure enough, it was. Once you glanced at it, you switched the blade back and put it into your pocket.

You pulled into the parking lot and locked your car, pocketing your keys as you walked to the entrance. The lady at the front desk payed you no mind as you walked past her. You saw that she was reading a book but you didn't know what book it was.
"These people will forever haunt me." You thought as the rows of people seemed to stare into your soul. You looked away until you saw Mark (Technically Dark) secluding himself in the corner.
"Hey." You said. The only thing that separated the two of you (Aside from the lack of sanity) was the cage. The cage that you were glad that kept you away from him most of the time.
"(Y/N)." Dark snarled, darting his head towards you. He was getting up from his spot in the corner and slowly walking towards you. "Glad to see that you're here."
You rolled your eyes. You didn't actually love Dark. Well, you didn't love him in the way that you loved Mark, of course. You could never love someone like how you love Mark.
"I guess I'm glad that you're here too." You said. You didn't really know anything else to say.
"As soon as I get out of here, we're going to run away and have a great life together." He said. "We're gonna get married and have some kids. We'll have the best life ever." You saw his fangs slowly get sharper and sharper as he said that. You remembered the day that he drank your blood. You shivered upon thinking about it.
"What?" Dark asked, titling his head. "Does the thought of being half demon and half human horrify you? I assure you that it really isn't that bad. Our kids will be great."
"I wasn't thinking about that." You said.
"Then what were you thinking about love?" He asked, reaching out to touch your face. You immediately ducked away. You got the knife from your pocket out and opened it, showing it to Dark.
"What are you doing?" He asked. "Why do you have that?"
You wanted to cry as you said, "Mark, I know you're in there. And I know that you're probably miserable in there. So, I'm going to put an end to that. Right now."