Chapter Sixty-Seven: A Secret Uncovered

"Run?" You asked yourself. "Why I would I run? And where would I even run to? And, more importantly, who's leaving these notes?"
"And who was the one who killed Dark?" You added. "That was weird. It might have even been a ghost."
You shuddered at the thought of a ghost being the one behind Dark's death.

A knock on your door startled you. You put the note deep into your pocket and answered the door. An infamous face from the party stood in the doorway.
Jacob.
"Hey (Y/N)." He said in a flirty way that sort of creeped you out. No, it did creep you out. "Haven't talked to you in a while. How are things?"
You sighed and said, "Good."
"Until you showed up, at least." You added under your breath.
"That's wonderful." He said. "Now, I was thinking that we should go a date together. How does the classic dinner and a movie sound?"
"I have a boyfriend!" You said. You remembered using that on him the day of the party. Now, it was actually true.
"That's what you said the night of the party." Jacob said. "You're gonna have to come up with a better lie that that."
"It's really not a lie this time." You said. "I do actually have a boyfriend."
"Can I meet this mysterious boyfriend then?" He asked. "I just want you to prove to me that you are in a committed relationship. Then, I'll leave you alone."
"Um, I'm not really sure when would be a good time to introduce you to him." You said. "You see, he's really busy and he works really hard at what he does."
"Is that so?" Jacob asked. "Well, I'll give you the time to find a fake boyfriend so how about we meet up at noon on Saturday? Or do you need more time to find a more convincing boyfriend?"
You rolled your eyes and somehow managed to stop yourself from slapping him in the face or even kicking him in the nuts.
"We'll be there." You said. "And I'll bring my actual boyfriend, thank you."
He chuckled and said, "Okay (Y/N). Okay. I'll see you then. Stay lovely."
You slammed the door, praying you ended up slamming his fingers as well. You waited for a scream, but it never came.
"Damn." You muttered, sitting on your bed. "That sucks. Should've kicked him in the nuts when I had the chance."

You went into class the next day with (R/N).
"I got a note while you were in the shower." You said.
"Really?" She asked as both of you sat down. "What did it say?"
"Run." You said.
"Run where?"
"Exactly. That's what it said."
"Oh."
Silence hung between the two of you for a few moments before she spoke to you.
"Listen, I need to tell you this."
"What is it?"
"I wasn't actually going to ever tell you because he's in jail but never convicted of this so...."
"Tell me."
"Fine." She said. She lowered her voice before saying, "Professor Anderson killed Jet."