Chapter Two: Hospital Blues

(L/N)- Last name!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You wanted to know what the hell happened to you. You wanted to know why you were lying on the ground, nearly dying and in a pool of your own blood. Unfortunately, the people in the ambulance wouldn't tell you anything because they were too busy hooking you up to machines, making sure that you can breathe, checking to see how much blood you had left in your body, etc. You were frustrated at this point. Mark didn't tell you anything. He merely just talked to you like he would talk to a person in any other normal situation.
"That Mark guy was so weird." You think to yourself. "Who the hell goes up to a person who's in the situation that I was in back there and just starts talking to them like it's just a normal conversation with a friend. What he did was so fucking stupid. I can't believe that I listened to his bullshit in the first place."
Suddenly, You felt really tired. You closed your eyes to find yourself falling into a deep sleep.

*****

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

You woke up to the sound of a monitor beeping. That was the one thing that told you that you were alive.
You opened your eyes. A white ceiling was the only thing that you could see. You then realized that you were hooked up to a breathing tube.
"Oh good." Another voice unfamiliar to you said. "You're awake."
"Am I okay?" You ask. That's really the thing that you've been wanting to know this entire time.
"You have a broken left arm, a couple of bruised ribs, a nasty scar on your right knee, and a broken ankle." The doctor said. "You also lost so much blood that we have to put you on an IV. On top of that, you're suffering from a severe case of amnesia so you don't remember that much about your life." Other than that, you're just fine."
You decided to ignore the doctor's comment and ask, "How long until I get to go home?"
"Well, we're gonna keep you in here for about two weeks so that your injuries can heal." The doctor said. "If it's necessary, we'll keep you in here longer but things should be fine. Granted that nothing goes wrong. Well, I should be off. A nurse will be in here soon with your dinner."
"Wait!" You say just before the doctor can begin to leave. "What happened to me?"
"Whatever do you mean Miss (L/N)?" He asked.
"I mean, how the fuck did I end up in this damn hospital in the first place!" You said. You tried to keep your cool but you wanted answers. And standing right by your side was a man who could actually give you answers.
"You were in a deadly car crash." The doctor explained. "There were eight cars involved, including yours. Everyone died upon impact but not you. You, my friend, went straight through the window and took quite the mighty fall to the ground. We were surprised to find that you even survived  the impact. You should have died as soon as you hit that concrete."
Before you press the doctor any further, he left the room.
You weren't quite satisfied with the answer that you received. But you most certainly thought that it was better than nothing.