Chapter Forty-Six: When I'm With You...

"Mark!" You cried happily, throwing yourself into his arms. He hugged you and you hugged him back. Then, he kissed you. You sank into the kiss, savoring every single second of it. You were sad when he broke off the kiss and pulled you out of his embrace.
"You guys are so cute!" (R/N) gushed.
You rolled your eyes and planted a kiss on Mark's cheek. He took your hand and squeezed it tightly.
"Well, you two go have fun!" (R/N) said.
"We will!" You said as you were walking outside.

"You seem to have a friend." Mark said to you once you were in the car.
"Who? (R/N)?" You asked. "Oh. Yeah. She's a really good friend. We're always there for each other when we're upset. I don't think that I've ever become friends with someone that quickly."
"That's good." He said. "I hope you make tons of friends."
"Me too." You said. "But (R/N)'s my best friend so she'll always be the most special to me because I meet her first and because of all the things that she's done for me."
"I'm happy you're happy." He said.
"Are you happy?" You asked.
"Of course I am." He said. "Why wouldn't I be?"
"Well, you're going to L.A." I said, avoiding his gaze. "An we won't be able to be together because we'll be too far away and we both agreed that a long distance relationship wasn't going to work."
"We're still going to talk as much as we can." He said. "I'll make sure of that."
"Good." You said, looking directly into his eyes. "Because I'm gonna miss my Markimoo."
"Oh God." He groaned upon hearing you call him that. "Are you fucking kidding me right now (Y/N)?"
"Nope." You said. "I totally just went there."
He groaned and replied, "You aren't going to call me that from now on, are you?"
"Maybe." You said, wondering if you'll actually go through with it or not. "It depends how I feel about it later on."
"Oh geez." He said.
You laughed and lightly shoved him.
"And we're swerving!" Mark said, swerving the car because there were no other cars behind him or that were coming.
"Mark!" You said when he did that. "You are a fucking asshole! Why would you do that?"
"Relax (Y/N)!" Mark said. "There wasn't anyone around so it wasn't like someone could have gotten killed or something. I know because I double, no, triple-checked when I did it."
"Fine." You said. "I guess I trust you."
"Guess?" He said like you had just told him that you were dropping out of college.
"I'm just kidding." You said, laughing. "Of course I trust you. Why wouldn't I?"
"I don't know." He said. "But don't ever play me like that ever again."
"No promises." You said, a smile forming on your face.
"Oh no." He groaned. "What's the evil (Y/N) up to?"
"Lots of things." You joked. "You don't even want to know."

"What do you think of us hanging out at the park?" Mark asked once he parked. "We would hang out at my place but everything's all packed up and stuff and I don't think that that it would really be a good idea for us to take out a bunch of stuff."
"Yeah." You agreed. "That might be bad."
"Yeah." He replied. "So I thought that we could play some 3DS. Maybe some Pokemon?"
"Yes!" You cried happily. "Is it Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?!"
"Does it matter?" He asked.
"No." You said. "Not really. As long as I get to play Pokemon, I'm happy."
"Good." He said. "And you better stay happy when I beat you in a battle."
"No way!" You said. "I'm gonna kick your ass!"
"We'll see about that!" He said, getting out of the car. He started running from you and you started to chase him.
"Get back here!" You cried. "Unless you're scared that you're gonna get beaten by a girl."
"I'm not scared!" He called, still running.
"Then get back here!" You called back.
"Fine!"
He came charging up towards you. You didn't bother to run because you knew that he would catch you at some point.

When he was close enough to you, he jumped and landed right on top of you.
"Oh God." You said upon impact. "You're so heavy."
"Hey!" He said, getting up from on top of you. "Are you calling me fat?"
"No." You said, smiling. "Of course not.
He smiled, telling you that he was just joking. He held out his hand in order to pull you up. You took it.
"Let's battle now." You said once you were off of the ground.
"Hell yeah!" Mark agreed. "Let's do it!"