Chapter Seventy-Three: Nothing's Gonna Change Between Us

Everyone gasped upon hearing that (R/N) was the one behind all of this. She was taken to jail and her trial was in two months. Everyone didn't really talk the rest of the day so you just went up to your dorm when your lunch break came. You were surprised to see your phone ringing. You were even more surprised to see who was actually calling you.
"Mark?" You asked once you answered the phone. "It that you?"
"Hi (Y/N)." He said awkwardly.
"Hi." You said. "Um, how are you doing?"
"Good." He said. "Busy but good. How about you?"
"Good." You said. "I got out of rehab last year."
"Wow." He said. "I'm so proud."
"Yeah." You said. "You'll never guess what happened today."
"What?" He asked.
Before telling him, you told him that there was another murder.
"Another one?" He asked. "(Y/N), I really think-"
"Hold on." You said. "You didn't let me get to the part where I was going to tell you. (R/N) confessed to the murders when we had to give our speeches."
"She did?"
"Yeah."
"And you're not her roommate anymore, are you?"
"No. We faked a fight so that we could have different roommates. But she killed my other roommate too so now I don't have anyone."
"That's great that they finally caught who was behind all of this."
"I know."
You paused for a few moments before you decided to ask him something.
"Hey, can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"Would you be able to come to my graduation?" You asked. "It's at the end of the month."
"No." He said, sounding guilty. "I can't make it."
"Oh." You said, trying not to sound disappointed. "Okay. I just wanted to ask."
"Yeah. I know." He said. "You're not upset, are you?"
"Of course I am." You thought. "My own boyfriend isn't going to be there when I take this big step in my life. Why wouldn't I be upset?"
"No. Not at all." You said aloud. "I mean, I understand that you have stuff to do."
"You sound upset." He said.
"I'm not." You said, trying to convince him that you really weren't upset.
"Whatever (Y/N)." He said. "I'll try and talk to you again soon."
"Okay." You said. "I love you."
"Love you too." He said before he hung up.
You put your phone on your pocket and sighed.
"Well, at least Mom and Dad will be there." You said. "It could be worse. I could have no one going. Graduation will be awesome."