Chapter Seventy-Eight: Take Me Away

You tried to forget about Mark as you were outside talking to Zai and a group of her friends.
"Where are the rest of the gang?" She asked. "We were really looking forward to meeting them."
"They're inside." You said. "I just came out here to get some fresh air."
"Ah." Zai said. "Did you bring your bikini?"
"No." You said. "I didn't think that there would be a pool."
"Well, you could go skinny dipping." One of Zai's friends, Tiana, said. "That's what some people have been doing."
"Skinny dipping?" You said like someone had just asked you to recite one of the monologues from "Romeo and Juliet". "You gotta be kidding me."
"Oh. Come on (Y/N)." Zai begged. "It'll be so much fun."
"Nah. I'm good." You said. "But you guys can do it. I think I'll go back inside now."
"Your loss." Tiana said. "You know where to find us if you change your mind."
"Yeah. Yeah." You said right before shutting the door once you were back inside. You didn't really want to be around Mark, Bob, or Wade at the moment so you tried to blend into the crowd so that none of them would find you.
And that's when someone put a hand on your shoulder.
You turned around and saw that Mark was the one who did it.
"Ugh, what do you want?" You asked, leaning against the wall.
"Look, I know that you're super pissed at me at the moment." He said. "But can you please hear me out?"
"Maybe." You said. "It depends what you have to say."
He sighed and looked down at the ground. After a few moments, he looked back at you and said, "I came clean to Bob and Wade about the addiction."
"You did?" You asked. You were surprised to hear him say that. "That's good. And what did they say?"
"They said that I should have told them sooner but they were glad that I got the guts to tell them." He said.
"Well, I'm glad that you finally told them." You said.
"Does that mean we're good?"
You kissed him on the lips for a few moments. When you pulled away, you said, "What do you think?"
Before he could respond, a slow song came on. You looked at the crowd and saw that couples were beginning to slow dance together.
"May I have this dance?" Mark asked you, holding out his hand.
"Why, of course." You said, grabbing ahold of his hand. He led you to the middle of the dance floor and he put his arms around your waist as you put your arms around his shoulders. You looked at each other and smiled.
"I'm so glad that we got the chance to meet again (Y/N)." Mark said as he spun you around.
"Me too." You said once you were back in your original positions. "Maybe that accident was meant to happen."
"Everything happens for a reason." He said.
"You're right." You said. After a few moments of silence, you added, "I love you. I don't really know if I say it enough but I really do love you. Words can never really truly describe how much I really love you. You've done so much for me and I am beyond thankful for that. I love you Mark Fischbach. More than you'll ever know."
"(Y/N)." He said, smiling and looking down. But he looked back up at you and added, "There's no else that I want to be with. There's no one else that will ever make me as happy as you make me. I'll never love someone the same way that I love you."
"Spit it out Mark." You said, a smile growing on your face.
He released you and took a couple of steps back.
"I'll do anything for you. I'd literally die for you. And you know what? I love you. Hundreds of thousands of years from now, that fact will not have changed."
"Oh my gosh." You said, putting your hand on your heart. "That's so sweet."
"And there's more." He said. "Much more."
"Go on then." You said, the smile on your face growing every second.
"We've been there for each other during our hardest times. We've had our fight but, in the end, our love kept us together. L.A. was really the only thing that kept us from seeing each other. But that didn't stop me from thinking about you all the time. That didn't stop me from loving you. Nothing will make me stop loving you."
"Don't you dare make me cry." You said. "I'm going to be super pissed if that means."
He smiled and said, "Life will have its ups and downs. For the rest of my life, there's only one person I want to experience those with." He paused and reached into his pocket.
Everyone, including you, started flipping out when he took a little black box out of his pocket and got on one knee. You watched as he opened the box to reveal a large diamond on a gold ring.
You smiled and looked up at the ceiling for a brief moment before looking back at him.
"(Y/N)." He said. "You have saved me from the deepest and darkest depths of hell and you have given me something that someone will experience once in a lifetime. Now, I need you to do me a favor. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and do me the honor of marrying me?"