Chapter Ten: The Addiction

You were sad when your nurse came in and told Mark that he had well overstayed his welcome and for a brother, he was very attached to me.
"We've had this bond ever since we were in the womb." Mark told the nurse as he got up from the shoulder massage that you had just finished giving him. "I'll be back tomorrow (Y/N). Whether anyone here wants me to be back or not."
"Classic Mark." You thought to yourself as you received your dinner for the evening. That thought was immediately questioned soon after. "Wait, why the hell am I saying that? I've only known him for five days."

*****

You went to bed happy. You weren't alone most of the day for once. You secretly hoped that Mark didn't have anything going on tomorrow and he could stay for almost the entire day again.

You were wrapped in sleep almost immediately and you were taken into another memory.

*****

This memory was much different from the last two. You didn't see the upset little girl this time.
You saw yourself as you are now.
Your body was lying near a bunch of needles. You cringed.
"Why the hell am I surrounded by all of those needles?" You asked yourself.
You examined one of them. Inside was the tiniest bit of heroin.
"Oh my God!" You said, dropping the needle back on the floor.

*****

You were back in the real world now. You shot up with a start, causing your neck to hurt again.
"Shit!" You said, rubbing your neck with your good hand.
After rubbing for a few moments, you lay back down on the pillow.
"I-I'm a heroin addict?" You whispered to yourself. "Why? Why did it have to be that? There's nothing worse than depending on a substance in order to get by every day."
You wondered what the hell could have made you sink to that level.