Chapter Seventy-One: Let Me Be Your Anchor

"L.A.?" You asked. "You're kidding me right now right? And drop out of school? You're out of your mind."
"Think about it this way (Y/N)." Mark said, grabbing both of your hands. "This school is dangerous. There are murders happening. I can't let you stay here any longer. What if I find out that you're the one who got killed next?"
"I don't know." You shrugged. "But I feel like we're wasting money this way. Last time I checked, the money spent is gone."
"Well, you didn't spend it for the full eight years, did you?" He asked.
"No." You said. "But I want to stay for four. Then I'll leave. I promise."
"That's one more year right?" He asked.
"Yeah." You said. "But I'll be fine."
"I sure as hell hope so (Y/N)." He said. "I can't lose you, you know."
"I know." You said, looking down at the ground. You paused for a few moments before asking, "Hey, how's the addiction been?"
"It's been gone since Dark came." Mark said. "I haven't drank since."
"I'm so proud of you!" You said, hugging him tightly.
"And how have you been doing?" He asked.
"Really good." You said. "I've been clean for a year now."
"Wow." He said. "I'm proud of you too (Y/N)."
"Thanks." You said. Under your breath, you muttered, "Here's hoping that (R/N) doesn't kill me."