Chapter Nine: Little Things

(M/N)- Middle name!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Day five." You muttered as you ate your breakfast. "Why can't it be the day where I get the hell out of here?" 

"That's a good question." said a voice in your ear. 

You nearly jumped out of your skin upon hearing this voice. You looked and saw Mark smiling.
"Don't sneak up on me like that." You say, a smile forming on your face.
"Opportunity was there and I took it." Mark said, still having that smile on his face. "It's not my fault that you weren't paying attention."
"It totally is." You say jokingly. "You don't sneak up on people like that."
"Look on the bright side." Mark said. "You're on day five which means that you've made it almost an entire week."
"Great." You say with a sarcastic tone in your voice. "Bedridden for an entire week. Just want I want."
"Still surprised that you haven't lost your sanity." Mark commented.
"Same here." You say.
We were both silent after that. You pirated that Mark would be the one to break the tension.
"So, any new memories?" He asked.
"Yes." You say. Just like yesterday, you tell him about the memory that you experienced.
"So, you had parents that were drug addicts?" Mark asked when you were finished telling him about the memory.
"Yeah." You say. "But I don't know what kind of drugs they were addicted to. I didn't get to find that part out because I was rudely interrupted."
"How so?" He asked.
You told him about the pain in your neck and rib.
"That sucks." He said. "I think that I can do something about that neck of yours."
He gently sat you up and put a pillow by your back so that it would have support. After that, he began to rub your neck.
"Mark, why are you doing this?" You ask.
"I have nothing to do today so you're stuck with me for a lot longer." He said.
"Why do you only stay for like ten minutes?" You ask.
"Because I have YouTube stuff to do." He said.
"You have a YouTube channel?" You asked.
"Yeah." He said. "I would say that you were crazy for not knowing that but then I remembered that you're still trying to piece together who the hell (Y/N) (M/N) (L/N) is."
"How the hell do you know what my middle name is?" You asked.
"I don't." Mark confessed. "I just took a guess."
"Well, you were right on then." You said. "That's my middle name."
"Yay! I got something right for once!" Mark joked.
You laughed. At first, you didn't really enjoy him visiting but now you realize that you actually needed his daily visits otherwise you swore that you lose your sanity about one-hundred times faster.
"He also gives damn good neck massages." You thought to yourself. "I should have neck cramps more often."
"(Y/N), I must admit that I enjoy visiting you." Mark said. "I love pretending to be your brother."
"What the fuck are you talking about?" You asked.
"Well, the lady at the front desk told me that only family could visit so I told her that I was your twin brother named Bob (L/N)." Mark said.
"We don't even look like we could be related." You said.
"I don't think that the lady cares." Mark whispered.
"Why are you whispering?" You asked.
"I don't know." He said. "Because I feel like it."

*****

You spent the entire day with Mark. He rubbed your neck for about ten minutes straight and you paid him back by massaging his shoulders. The closest that you got to each other was then he jokingly threw himself onto you.
"What the hell Mark?" You said.
"What?" He said. "Too much?"
"Yes." You said. "Now get the fuck off of me or you're not getting a shoulder massage!"
He got off of you right away. You started rubbing his shoulders and you swore that you felt sparks when he landed on you. You dismissed it almost as soon as you thought about it. You couldn't love anyone.
Not yet at least.
You needed to find yourself first.