Chapter Eighty-Six: My Story

Jacob began his story.
"We weren't rich. When I say we, I mean my family, just so you know. Anyway, we were the bottom of the barrel poor. And I mean that quite literally. We had a house that my dad built himself. It only had a "living room" that housed a bed for my parents and an upstairs that could only fit a bed for my little sister and I. We had a very small kitchen that housed the tiniest stove, microwave, and sink that you'll ever see in your entire life. We had cabinets that held all of our dishes. We didn't have snacks in there. We couldn't afford it. Hell, we could barely afford to keep our little house on the property it was on. We had a little garden so we didn't waste too much money buying food. We invested most of our money on clothes. My parents grew up being teased for wearing what they wore because they were poor growing up. But, it didn't work. My little sister and I ended up getting teased...a lot. My sister got the worse of it though. She was shoved into lockers, pointed at, laughed at, you name it, it probably happened to her. It happened for years and she didn't say a word to Mom and Dad. My bullying was something I could take though. My bullies just called me names and would occasionally trip me in the hall. But when I found out about what they did to my sister, I was pissed. I wanted to hurt every single one of them in the worst possible way. But I didn't. She wouldn't let me. But she promised that she would talk to the principal about it. And she did. She told me that most of the bullies had stopped but there was one that hasn't. It was the most popular girl in the school, what's-her-face. I don't remember her name and, honestly, I don't give a shit. But she was the biggest bitch you'll ever meet. My sister and I had a two year gap between us so, at the time, this bitch had slept with every single rich boy in the school. All they needed to do was shower her in gifts and you would earn a chance to have sex with her. She even got pregnant that year. And, to top it off, she had no idea who the father was. She always had unprotected sex so it was bound to happen at some point. Honestly, I'm surprised that she didn't get an STD. But, after she got pregnant, she left my sister alone. Hell, she left everyone alone. Turns out, her parents found out about all the boys she slept with and that she was pregnant and were pissed off. I would be too if my daughter was pregnant at thirteen. And yes, she was thirteen. I was fifteen when this happened. Needless to say, she dropped out of school in seventh grade and become homeschooled. Last I heard, she was living in a really big house with a guy she got married to because he was rich. Now, it wasn't because of the money surprisingly. She legitimately loved his guy and they recently had another kid."
You nodded, letting him know that you were still listening. He tore the piece of duct tape off of your mouth and you screamed in pain.
"Fuck. That hurt." You said. "But what was the girl's name? The one that got pregnant?"
"Brooke." He said.
"Brooke?" You asked, shocked. "You mean, the one that threw the big graduation party?"
"Yep. That's her." He said. "But she's a lot better now. She's matured over the years."
"That's good." You said. "You can continue with your story."
He nodded and did just that.

"Now, let's turn the attention to me. I wasn't exactly the brightest kid of the bunch. I got D's and F's mostly and I barely passed every single grade. Things changed in high school. I realized that I wanted to go to college. In fact, I was determined to go. High school was the time to step up my game. And that's exactly what I did. I studied every single night and didn't do anything else until my homework and studying for the day were done. It was hard work, but it paid off in the end. I got A's and B's, something that elementary and middle school Jacob would have to bribe the teachers in order to get those grades. My parents were so proud. I'll never forget the smiles on their faces when I took home my report card. Oh, I should mention that my senior year, we lost the house. My parents couldn't afford to pay the bill so we got booted. My grandparents on both sides were already dead so we had nowhere else to go. But, we did have friends to turn to. My dad knew these guys from school and they ended up becoming pretty good friends. Well, turns out that they were rich. And they offered to send my parents money countless times. But my parents had a lot of pride and they would always refuse. That, and they would be in debt. But they finally accepted when we lost the house. And the guys said that they wouldn't have to pay them a cent back. I really respected those guys. They had kind hearts. But I finished my senior year as Valedictorian of the class and a scholarship to the University of Cincinnati. I didn't have to pay for any of it, I got to go for free. I thought my life was going really good but I started to feel depressed and lonely. Oh, and I forgot to mention that my sister also graduated at Valedictorian of her class so she got a scholarship to go to Cincinnati with me. Anyway, back to the way I was feeling. I felt like I would never be happy again. And I have no idea why I ever felt like that in the first place. I had zero reason to be sad about anything. I had gone to college for free and my parents finally got support so I didn't have to worry about them constantly. But, about a week after my depression started, my parents died. Turns out, they were feeling depressed as well because they couldn't provide my sister and I the home that we so desperately needed growing up. Needless to say, my mom jumped and my dad jumped after her. I only spiraled deeper into hell after that. I almost cut myself but I stopped myself because of my sister. She would have been pissed if she found out so I just kept it to myself. Then I started acting..creepy. I tried to get with every girl I met, even you (Y/N). But you were different. Unlike the other girls, I felt like you could help me. I felt like you could get me out of my hell. But I didn't want to confess all of this when we first met. I wanted to get to know you, in the worst way possible. That's why I was desperate to be with you. I just wanted someone to love me, besides my sister of course. Things only got worse when she was killed. I went deeper into hell and now, I'm at the lowest point of my life. But I won't kill myself. I refuse to let myself lose this battle. I'll get through, I know I will. Maybe it'll take one more day, one more week, one more month, or maybe one more year, but I know that I'll beat this. And with you listening to this (Y/N), you've helped me feel a bit better. Also, that room up there that you got the clothes from, that was my sister's room. I was originally going to tell you about her but I guess I wanted to get my story out more. Thank you (Y/N). Thank you for listening. You have no idea how thankful I am to have gotten that all out."
"You're welcome." You said, smiling. "I've been through a bit myself but it was much different to your story."
"You should go." He said, standing up and walking towards the door. He unlocked it and turned towards you. "I'm sorry for kidnapping you like that. You can tell the police if you so wish. I deserve to rot in a jail cell for what I did to you. But thanks again for listening."
You got up and walked out the door.
"Thanks for sharing your story with me." You said. "I never would have imagined that you went through what you went through. All I thought of you was some creep that wouldn't leave me alone."
"I don't blame you." He said. "Have a nice life with Mark."
"Thanks." You said. "I will."
"Goodbye (Y/N)." He said, shutting the door.
"Wait." You said, dropping him. "Can I ask you something?"
"Sure." He said. "What is it?"
"What was your sister's name?" You asked.
"Natalie."