Chapter Seventeen: Progress

Two weeks have gone by. Your arm and ankle healed. Today, you're going to properly walk for the first time. You've been waiting for this day since the second day you were in the hospital.
"Who's ready to go for a walk?" Mark asked.
"I am!" You say. "I've been waiting for this for so long."
"I'm just waiting for you to face plant." He said.
"Mark!" You said, struggling to get up.
"Just kidding." He said, grabbing both of your hands and helping you steady yourself. Both of your faces were inches away from each other. You looked into his eyes and immediately felt breathless.
You shook it off and focused on walking. Since you were bedridden for so long, your legs felt like jelly and you even almost feel a few times but Mark was always there to catch you.
"You're doing great (Y/N)." He said. "Don't give up."
"It's going to take a lot more than this for me to give you." You say.

You managed to make it outside with only a few stumbles along the way.
"I'm impressed." Mark said. "I didn't think that you would make it this far on the first day. You never cease to amaze me, do you?"
"I guess so." You said. "Now, how's about we go for a walk around the neighborhood?"
"Now you're just getting crazy." He said. "I like it."