Chapter Forty-Three: You Are More Than Beautiful

After finishing your dessert, You and Mark went back to the car, hand in hand.
"Can you tell me where we're going now?" You asked as he opened the car door open for you. You got into the seat and he shut the door. He then walked to his side and got in. He started the car and backed out of the parking space.
"No." He said. "How many times do I have to tell you that it's a surprise?"
"A lot." You said. "You know why? Because I hate surprises."
"Well, you're gonna love this one." He said. "Trust me when I say this. Oh, we're almost there. Close your eyes and don't peek. I'm watching you to make sure that you don't."
You put your hands over your eyes and leaned back in your seat. You tried to hold back a smile but you just couldn't. You were just too excited.
"Hurry up!" You said. "I can't take it much longer!"
"Hold on." He said. You heard the sound of him opening the car door and slamming it shut.
"What the hell is he doing?" You muttered to yourself.
Just then, you heard your car door opening.
"What the hell are you doing?" You asked.
"This." He said. Just then, he picked you up and started carrying you in his arms.
"Put me down!" You said, kicking your legs while still keeping your eyes closed. You also started laughing.
"Okay." He said. He had actually put you down. "You can open your eyes now."
"Oh. My. God!" You said upon seeing what the surprise was. "You did not!"
"I did." He said, smiling at you. "Only the best for the one I love."
He had taken you to the beach, a place that (though you didn't really want to admit to yourself) you had dreamed about going to at night and watching the sunset.
"How did you know?" You asked. "I never even told you."
"I may have gotten an idea or two from someone." He said, taking ahold of your hand.
"Let me guess." You said. "(R/N)?"
"Nope." He said. "He's a friend that I like to call Darkiplier."
"Wow." You said, rolling your eyes. "You wish."
"Yeah. "He said. "I actually came up with all of this myself. I was scared that you weren't going to be impressed with me if I just took you to the beach."
"Are you kidding me?" You said as you began walking. "There's no people, you can hear the waves crashing, and the best part is, I get to watch the sunset with you."
"Aw." He said. "Come here. I know the best place that we can go."

He led you to a place where you were close to the water. You both removed your shoes and placed your feet where the waves would crash sporadicly. You lay your head on his shoulder and say, "This night has been perfect."
"I'm glad you think so." He said. "Because I was thinking that we could hang out tomorrow."
"I would love that." You said.
"What would you want to do?" He asked.
"Probably some gaming stuff." You said.
"Happy Wheels?" He asked.
"Maybe we could play some." You said. "But maybe we can play something else. Like maybe Minecraft or something."
"Minecraft would be fun." He agreed.
"But we would have to do it sober." You said harshly.
"I know. I know." He said. "I said that I was sorry, okay?"
"But I'm still scared that you're going to drink again." You said. "You already broke the promise so how can I trust you again?"
"You do make a fair point." He said. "But I need you to trust me."
"How the hell am I supposed to trust you?" You asked. "You make a promise and you break it right behind my fucking back."
"Listen, I knew it would make you mad." He said.
"Then why did you do it?" You asked, your voice cracking.
"Oh God (Y/N)." He said, looking at you. "Don't do this to me."
"Well, don't break promises and I won't." You said, not bothering to hide the tears that you were holding back anymore. "God damn it Mark. Look at what you've done."
"Look, I said that I was sorry." He said, wiping away your tears. "And I need you to trust me. Can you do that?"
You thought about it for a while before replying, "Fine. But don't let me down again."
"I won't." He promised. "I would hate myself if I let you down again."
You smiled and pressed your lips to his. He sunk into the kiss, running his fingers through your hair.
"What do you think of me?" You randomly asked when you both needed a breath.
His response was only pulling you into another kiss.
"I think you're beautiful." He said once the second kiss ended.
You pulled him into yet another kiss.
"Is that it?" You asked. "Just beautiful?"
Another kiss followed before he replied, "You are more than beautiful."