Chapter Forty-Four: Thinking Of You

"I had a great time." You said to Mark. He was driving you back to the University. It was a shame that it had to end but you two were going to hang out tomorrow so you weren't entirely upset to be going back to your dorm. "Damn curfew's the only reason that I gotta go back."
"You're gonna get a good education." Mark said. "It'll all be worth it in the end."
"Yeah." You agreed. "But that's the only reason that I'm going by the rules."
He chuckled and replied, "Of course. Only you (Y/N). Only you."
"Yep." You said proudly. "Only me."

When you arrived back at the dorm, you had made it just in the nick of time.
"Yes!" You said upon realizing that you were actually on time. "We made it!"
Mark pulled you into a hug and said, "I'll see you tomorrow."
"I can't wait." You said, hugging him back.
Just then, he put a hand on your face and kissed you. You sunk into the kiss, digging your nails into his back. You were a shame that it had to end when it did.
"I love you." You whispered.
"I love you too." He said. "I can't wait to see you tomorrow."
"Me neither." You said.
"Bye." He said, releasing you from the hug.
"See ya." You said sadly. You watched as he left the building. Once he was out of sight, you went up to your dorm.

"No!" (R/N) screamed. "Get out! I'm trying to binge watch here!"
"(R/N)." You said, closing the door behind you. "Calm the fuck down. It's just me."
"Oh." She said, taking her headphones off of her head. "Good."
"Who the hell else is going to come in here at this time?" You asked.
"Don't ask me." She said, putting her phone down. "Anyway, how'd the date go?"
"It was...." You said, pausing for dramatic effect. "Amazing."
"Oh my gosh!" She said, going over to you and grabbing your hands. "What happened?"
"Well, he took me out to eat." You said.
"Oo!" (R/N) said, gushing. "China Food, I'm guessing?"
"Yep." You said. "And then he took me to the beach to watch the sunset."
"He did not!"
"He did!"
"Oh, I'm so jealous!"
"And we're hanging out all day tomorrow!"
"Oh my gosh!"
"But he's leaving on Monday to go to L.A."
"Oh." She said, her smile fading from her face. "That sucks (Y/N)."
"Yeah." You said. "But he promised that we would talk as much as possible."
"Long distance relationship?"
"He said that it probably wouldn't work out so we're going to wait until I finish college and we're going to figure out what to do with us from there."
"This is so heartbreaking!"
"Don't feel bad. Everything will be okay."
She was silent for a few moments before she said, "Did you get the text about Jet?"
"Yeah." You said. "I did."
"I'm sorry." She said. "I didn't mean to send it while you were on your date. It's just...when I found out...I had to tell someone."
"I understand." You said. "But now the police are probably going to be on our asses. Actually, they'll on your ass a lot since you're the one who found the body."
"True." She said. "But who do you think did it?"
"I don't know." You said. "We don't have any evidence so I can't really say."
"Did you hear what your dad said about it?" She asked.
"No." You said. "What did he say?"
"You don't know?" She asked. "He sent you a text."
"When?" You asked, taking your phone out of your pocket.
"Maybe like ten minutes ago or something." She said.
You turned your phone on and saw a text from a number that you didn't recognize.
"Hey. It's me. You know, your dad. Well, except I'm your adopted dad. Anyway, I heard about what happened to Jet. Thanks for getting him to focus on what mattered. Too bad that was ripped away from him. Love you sweetie. Talk to me soon."
You decided to respond.
"Hi dad. Yeah. I know. It's stupid. But we should talk more often. I want to have a relationship with you. You know, a father-daughter relationship."
After you sent the text, you turned your phone off and threw yourself on your bed.
"Don't worry Jet." You murmured. "We'll find out who murdered you."