Chapter Seven: The Daily Visit

It's your fourth day of being here and you just want to get up and move around. You just got off of your IV today which is a good sign because that means that you might be able to get the hell out of here sooner than how long you thought you were going to be stuck in this hellhole.
In other news, you also got off your breathing tube! You slowly breathed in and out, noting how nice it was to be able to take in fresh air instead of your own every time you breathed.
"Knock knock." A voice that you have begun to hear on a daily basis said. It was Mark, of course.
"Hi Mark!" You said excitedly.
"Woah, someone's real happy this morning." He said, going over to his usual spot.
"Didn't you notice?" You asked. "I'm off of my breathing tube!"
"I noticed, don't worry." He said. "And you're off of your IV too. Sheesh, slow down (Y/N)! At this rate, you're going to be completely healed tomorrow."
"Do you know how amazing that would be?" You asked. "I want to get the hell out of here right now!"
"I bet." Mark said. "I'm surprised that you haven't gone insane yet."
"Me too." You said. "Though I think that I'm on the verge of crossing into crazy territory."
You both laughed. You thought that it was.nice to hear Mark laugh again because of the heavy hearted stuff that you and him talked about yesterday.
"Hey, guess what?" You say. You have no idea why you were excited to tell him about the memory that resurfaced yesterday because it was actually quite depressing.
"What?" Mark asked.
You told him about the memory that you had, which only seemed to bring down your happy mood.
"Oh." He said after you had finished telling him what happened in the memory. "And you're sure that the girl in this memory is you?"
"I'm positive." You say. "She looked a lot like me."
"And how old did this girl look to be?" Mark asked.
"I don't know." You say. "Eight or nine maybe? If not, ten or eleven. Why are asking me that?"
"Because it could have been just a dream." He said. "You never know."
"I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't just dream about a girl who was starving to death and struggling to get by every single day." You say.
"Well, I have freaky dreams like that sometimes." Mark said. "Like, there was this one time that I dreamt that I was stuck in the woods with Slender man chasing me around and I had to collect the eight pages or else he would kill me."
"So, you basically dreamt of Slender: The Eight Pages?" You ask.
"Basically." Mark said.
"Well, I still think that the dream was a memory of mine whether you want to believe me or not." You say. "It doesn't really matter what you think because it happened to me and not you."
"Is that so?" Mark asked, a smile growing on his face.
"Yes." You say.
He then started laughing.
"I was just messing with you (Y/N)!" He said. "I believe you one-hundred percent. Though it sounds like that maybe your life wasn't quite the greatest that someone could have."
"Maybe." You said. "You gotta remember that I've only had one memory. Life is full of ups and downs. That one, without a doubt, is a down."
"Agreed." Mark said. "Well, I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow. And who knows? Maybe you'll be ready to get the hell out of here."
"That would be amazing." You said. "But I highly doubt that will happen."
"Anything is possible (Y/N)." Mark said. "Anything."
He left on that note, leaving me wondering if he was going to be my only visitor.