Chapter Twenty-One: Struggles

It's been a day since Mark said that you were going to be going to rehab during your breaks off of school. You already feel like shit and he hasn't left your side to make sure that you don't try to inject yourself while you were alone.
"This fucking sucks." You said, face on the pillow.
"It's for the best (Y/N)." Mark said. "I want to leave you alone but I know that you'll dive right for the needles, which I've hidden right away."
"You gotta be kidding me!" You said, sitting up. "Listen to me. I feel like shit! Those are the only things that are going to make me feel happy."
"This is called withdrawal." He said. "It really shows how much you were relying on the heroin now, doesn't it?"
"Shut up." You said. Then, on the top I Mark's dresser, you saw the familiar point of one of your needles.
You resisted to smile as you saw it. Mark was going to be pissed if you did this but you didn't honestly care. You would do anything to get that needle.
You didn't even look at Mark as you made for the needle and grabbed it. Thankfully, you kept some heroin in your pocket at all times and Mark didn't know that.
"Hey!" He yelled as you made for the bathroom. "Get over here!"
"No way." You said as you shut the door and locked it. You sat in front of it to make it harder for Mark to get in.
He pounded on the door and yelled, "(Y/N), open this door right now!"
You ignored him as you put the heroin in the needle.
"You better not tell me that you have herion in your pocket (Y/N)!" He screamed, still pounding on the door like a mad man.
You continued to ignore him as you put the cap on the needle.
"I've been wanting you." You whispered to the needle. You found a spot on your right arm that wasn't scarred and put the needle in it. You slowly squeezed the top and watched as the heroin entered your bloodstream. As it did so, you felt the high that you've been wanting to feel since last night.
"Bet you wish that you found all of my heroin, don't you Mark?" You called to him. He was now trying to pick the lock. "Guess I'm just too clever for you, aren't I?"
No response came but you didn't honestly care. All you cared about is the high that you got. It felt amazing and you felt like you could do anything.
You moved towards the middle of the bathroom and just curled up into a ball. You smiled as you looked at the needle that you were holding in your hand. You were just about to close your eyes when you heard the sound of the door violently opening. You didn't even look because you knew it was Mark.
"(Y/N) (M/N) (L/N)!" He said like you were a child. Except you weren't. You were twenty-two years old, not six. "How could you do this?"
"It was worth it." You said. You were being honest when you said this because it honestly was. "It felt amazing. Mark, whenever I inject myself, it feels like I can do anything."
"There's things that are good for you that can make you feel that way as well." He said. "Now, I really hope that it was worth it because now I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on you."
"Fuck." You groaned as he scooped you up in his arms. "Can't I just inject myself? Just one more time for today? Please?"
"No." He said. "School starts in six days and then you're with your roommate."
"She's not always going to be around." You said as he set you down on the bed. "She might at her classes at different times."
He chuckled and said, "Oh (Y/N). I have my ways of keeping my eye on people?"
"What?" You said. "Do those ways involve stalking me?"
"No." He said. "That's just creepy. But I'm going to make sure that the school knows about your addiction."
You groaned again and asked, "Why the hell are you doing this to me?"
"Because I can't lose you." He said.
"Sure you could." You said. "You still go Bob and Wade."
"But they're my friends." He said. "You're different."
"How am I different?" You asked. "I'm just a person that's in your life."
"Maybe that's how you see yourself." He said. "But I see you as someone that I would die trying to keep alive."
"Mark, don't do this." You said. "You're just going to make me feel guilty about being addicted."
"You should feel guilty." He said. "It's not something you want to be proud of. And if you are proud of it, then that's pretty fucked up."
"I'm not proud." You said. "I'm more than guilty. I'm ashamed. I'm worthless."
"You're not worthless." He said, moving you into his lap. "You got a lot going for you. You're even going to college. And know that you're not facing this alone, okay?"