Chapter Twenty-Six: Lunchtime

As you ate lunch with (R/N) and Jet (you tried to make him go away but (R/N) insisted that he sit with you two.), you couldn't get your mind off of Mark. You haven't even been through a full day of college and you already missed him like crazy.
"You know, you're pretty cute, (R/N)." Jet said.
(R/N) giggled and said, "Stop it Jet. You're gonna make me blush."
You just rolled your eyes. Jet seemed like the type of guy who played with a girl's heart. He would lead them on to think that he was madly in love with them and then he would go on and cheat on them or something. Even though you just met (R/N) today, you didn't want her to go through a broken heart because broken hearts suck and no one should have to go through the pain of one. Well, that's what you thought, at least.
"Well, we'll just be on our way now." You said, picking up your tray and standing up.
"Where are you going (Y/N)?" Jet asked. "We've still got a long time until lunch ends."
"Well, I've already got a shit ton of homework to do and I have two more classes after this so who knows if I'm going to get more homework in those classes?" You asked.
"Whatever." Jet said, shrugging. "(R/N) and I will just hang out until the end of the lunch break."
"You go ahead and do that." You said. "I don't honestly care."

You made your way up to the dorm and closed and locked the door behind you. You opened your Literature textbook and did your reading assignment or tomorrow.
"Shit." You muttered when you were halfway through your reading. "I'm getting that God damn craving again."
You tried to ignore it but it only got stronger and stronger. Your withdrawal has been pretty tough on you and after Literature class was over, you had a hard time focusing on your other classes. You also felt pretty sick. But you haven't thrown up, thankfully.
Your phone buzzed next to your book. You dared a glance at it and saw a text from Mark.
"I'm leaving in a week. They need me to leave three weeks early apparently. That goodbye was so painful. Meet up on Saturday and it can be just the two of us? I would say for the weekend but that God damn curfew. Text me back when you get this."
You decided to take a break and shoot him a text.
"Of course baby. I'll talk to you later when I don't have a shit ton of homework."
You got a text back a couple of moments later.
"Okay. But you gotta promise me that you'll tell me all about your first day."
"Cross my heart. Well, gotta go. My lunch break is ending soon. I love you."
"Love you too."
You turned your phone off and finished the last of your reading assignment before closing your book.

"(Y/N), open the door." You could hear (R/N) knocking on the door.
You went to the door, unlocked it, and opened it to find a happy (R/N) with a smile on her face.
"(Y/N)! Guess what?" She asked, coming into the room and shutting the door behind her.
"What?" You asked.
"Jet asked me out!" (R/N) said, waving a tiny piece of paper in your face. "He has me his number and we're going to hang out this weekend."
"Are you sure that that's a good idea?" You asked. "I mean, you just met him today. He could be a rapist."
"Don't say things like that (Y/N)." (R/N) said. "Jet seems like a sweet guy."
"Yeah. Okay." You said, still unconvinced. "Do you even know what his last name is?"
"Why can't you be happy for me (Y/N)?" (R/N) asked.
"Because this is probably going to turn into some cliché bullshit love story!" You said. "Guy meets girl, love at first sight, go on first date, they realize that they were made for each other, guy proposes to girl with the random ring that he had in his pocket the whole time, girl freaks out and says yes, then they go on and have a magical wedding and they live happily ever after with absolutely no problems in the marriage whatsoever."
"(Y/N), I think that you're taking this just a bit too far." (R/N) said.
"Whatever." You said, picking up the stuff that you needed for your next two classes. "I'm going to class now. See you around."

And with that, you headed to your classes, praying that you wouldn't get hit with another homework bomb.