Chapter Fifty-Two: Back To You

You woke up, the grass embracing you.
"What the hell even happened?" You asked, struggling to stand up.
"Need a hand?" A voice asked behind you. You thought that you recognized that voice.
"Mark!" You cried happily, a smile forming on your face. You took his hand that was reached out towards you and he pulled you up.
"What are you doing here?" You asked. "I thought that you were going to L.A. today. We even said goodbye to each other this morning."
Just then, the goodbye that you shared this morning came back to you.

"(Y/N)." Mark had said to you, sitting down on the fountain next to you.
"Mark." You said, trying to crack a smile even though you knew that this was really goodbye.
"Don't you dare cry." He said. "Because if you cry, I'll cry."
"But I'm going to miss you." You said.
"I know." He said. "And I'm going to miss you too. But promise me that you won't cry for me."
Just then, you felt a tear escape.
"Damn it (Y/N)!" He said, wiping the tear away. "I thought I told you to promise me that you wouldn't cry!"
"Hey, I didn't technically promise that I wouldn't cry." You pointed out.
"Fine." He said. "You're right."
"Yeah." You said, a tiny smile forming on your face. "But, we'll see each other again, won't we?"
"Nothing gonna stop me from seeing you again (Y/N)." He said, pulling you into a hug. You hugged him back, tighter. "I know that sounds like something from a cheesy ass romance movie but you know that I'm not good at this shit."
"Oh. I know." You said.
A few moments of silence passed between the two of you before you asked, "So, when do you have to leave?"
"Right now." He said, breaking out of the hug and standing up.
"Are you fucking kidding me?" You asked, standing up and wrapping your arms around his waist. "I don't want you to go. Can't I just hide in the landing gear?"
"I wish." He said, planting a kiss on your cheek. "But you gotta stay here and get your degree."
"Damn." You said. You gave him a quick kiss on the lips and whispered, "I love you."
"Love you too." He said, giving you one last hug before heading off. "Don't ever forget that."
You didn't turn to go back inside until he was no longer in your view.

When you were back in the present, Mark said to you, "I'm staying."