Chapter Fourteen: A Shoulder To Cry On

You thought a lot about what Mark told you.
I'll always be there. Don't ever  forget that.
You thought about it so much that you didn't even obtain a memory last night. But that's also probably due to the fact that you couldn't get over the fact that your grandpa basically died in front of you.

You got to sleep in the guest bedroom. You felt special for some reason because of that. As soon as Mark shut the door, you broke down again. But he came in because he heard you crying. You remembered the jolt of electricity that you felt when he hugged you and you hugged him back, sobbing into his shoulder.
"It's okay (Y/N)." He said, rubbing your back. "It's all going to be okay."
You shook your head as you whispered through your tears, "No. It's not going to be okay. I had a memory last night and it showed me to be a heroin addict and all day yesterday I had a heroin addict."
"It's all gonna be okay." He said. "Can you trust me when I say that?"
"I don't know." You said. "All the memories have shown is a shitty life."
"You've only had three memories (Y/N)." He said. "You'll get a good one at some point."
"I hope you're right." You said.

The next morning, you woke up to the sound of the door opening and the smell of bacon and eggs.
"What is this?" You asked, slowly sitting up in bed.
"Breakfast in bed." Mark said, setting the tray of bacon and eggs on your lap.
"You didn't have to do that, you know." You said as you took a sip of the orange juice.
"Yeah I do." He said. "I'm taking care of you and besides, it's not like you can do much with only one arm."
"True." You said. "So, what're up to today?" "Probably some gaming stuff." He said. "Strangely enough, I'm in a Happy Wheels mood."
"I know that feeling." You said. "Happy Wheels is a pretty fun game."
He nodded, smiling at you. For some reason, it always seemed like he had a smile that was reserved for you. At the hospital, he would talk with some of the doctors and nurses and he wouldn't smile at them the same way he would smile at you.

As you ate your breakfast, you made small talk with Mark. You talked about things that you liked, what you wanted to do after you recovered, and other stuff like that.
"So, you grew up in Cincinnati, huh?" You asked.
"Yeah but I was born in Hawaii." He said.
"You were born in Hawaii?!" You asked. You really loved Hawaii and have always wanted to go there one day. "I've always wanted to go there!"
"Really?" He asked. "It doesn't seem all that great."
"Are you out of your damn mind?" You asked. "It's warm and it's got a bunch of volcanoes. Tell me that that isn't awesome."
"Okay, you got me there." He said. "Volcanoes are pretty cool and I guess that it would be pretty nice to go back to the place where I was born."
"See?" You say. "The next thing you know, you'll be on a plane that's on its way to Hawaii."
He laughed and saw that you were done with your breakfast. He took the tray and set it on the floor.
"What the hell are you doing?" You asked.
"This." He said. That's when he started tickling you. You didn't want to give him the satisfaction if making you laugh. You managed to stop yourself for a few moments before you burst out laughing.
"Stop it!" You said in between laughs.
"No." Mark said, still tickling you. "I like seeing you smile. It's beautiful."
"It is not!" You said.
"Yes it is." He said.
"You know that guys rarely ever use the word beautiful to describe something about a girl right?" You said. "Yet, here you are saying it to a girl that you've known for a week."
"Why can't I call you beautiful?" He asked. He stopped tickling you and you were now laying on his lap.
"I never said that you couldn't." You said.
"Good." He said. "Because even if you said that I couldn't, I still would've."
You smiled at him and he smiled back. You were glad that you met him when you did.