Chapter 74. Our secret gateway...

In the night

Prisha called her Latha mom, as she had missed her and wanted to talk to her.

"Amma, hope you are free to talk to me? I didn't want to disturb your work schedule..." Prisha started her conversation while sitting comfortably on the couch in their room, glancing at Sanal who was working on his laptop on the bed.

"No, Kanna. You would never disturb me. Well, tell me how was your day? Did you take your vitamins, hm? I hope you are taking care of yourself?" Latha was folding the clothes on her bed while talking to her favourite person smiling all the time.

Prisha then smiled and told her that she was able to get back to her health, coz of her happy place. She then glanced at Sanal who blew a kiss to her.

Latha was not able to understand Prisha's mannerism of hiding someone. So, she did ask to which Prisha slyly told her that she was watching some series.

Sanal then went out to bring her milk before her bed, as she would get up for her midnight snack breaking her sleep pattern.

Prisha then decided to continue with her Latha mom on a very serious matter.

"Yes, Amma. I am able to survive here. But I do miss my family so much. Specially you and Soumya. *sad pout*"

"Why? I am always there to listen to your talks any time of the day. Especially when you are my favourite person," Latha then made her see Sameer who was plugging in his phone for charge.

Prisha then continued her talks with Sameer who too was happy to hear her melodious voice.

"Isn't it lovely Appa that you have someone to ask you about your health and your worries so far from home. Especially your parents. I am so lucky to have both my parents to do so. Even my siblings who have so much love for me, *sigh*" Prisha saw the proud smile on both Sameer and Latha.

"Of course, I really pity those children who don't have anyone to enquire about them. But you are lucky child," Sameer said those words which triggered Latha who suddenly remembered her first born currently living away from them. She didn't even bid him bye when he was sent to the unknown country.

"True, Appa. Especially their eldest one..." Prisha could see the smile fading from Sameer's face who looked down and then felt awkward to continue his talks with her, making him realise his broken bond with his son.

Latha then excused themselves by bidding her good night. Prisha knew that she had jolted their hearts of missing their Sanal.

Mumbai

Menon residence

Late evening

As Sameer went to get refreshed from the office tension. He was feeling the words spoken by Prisha who just smiled and kept the phone.

Latha then walked towards the closet to keep the clothes, when

"Latha, did you call...um...Sanal?" Sameer was trying to hide his emotions which were bubbling in him since the talk.

Latha shaked her head to which Sameer got angered and told her to call him.

"It's been months since he left...I am calling him in between regarding official work. But you...you are his mother, Latha. He would be missing you," Saying the words, Sameer went to the washroom.

Latha thought about the things being told to her which was lingering in her mind for a long time. She had felt to call him many a times but was holding back because of the things he had done.