Chapter 3. The lady of the house

The sunrays peeped through the clouds to awaken its earthlings. The flowers bloomed with fresh scent and radiant colours. The birds sang their beautiful melody of twits and coocoos.

One silent soul looked at the morning rays and breathed out the most beautiful tune making the birds jealous of her choice of harmony.

(Kindly imagine Prisha singing the above song)

The Varma family smiled at her sweet voice including the maids and servants who worked more diligently listening to their young miss.

The driver was washing the car to make it ready for his master's ride to the office. He smiled listening to Prisha singing the most melodious song.

The gardener thanked the almighty to bless the child with a heavenly voice.

She opened her eyes to take the blessings from the sun who shone on her angelic face.

She switched off the instrumental music and got up to stretch her muscles in the park with her jogging partner – Dad.

In the park

Pradeep stopped at the bench and signalled his daughter to sit with him.

Prisha sat beside him and drank the water from her bottle.

Pradeep caressed her hair and enquired about her life, friends, college.

He listened to her stories and laughed in between at the reveal of her friends antics. The father and daughter shared a dynamic like that of friends who would share their daily dose of laugh, cries, and everything with no lies. The Varma family was built on the trust that the parents and children had on each other which strengthen their bond more from time to time.

He then grabbed her hands and caressed it speaking

"Isha, how do you feel about marriage?" Prisha looked at her father's question and tried smiling.

"Well, bro is getting married. He seems happy with Chech and guess they will be happy together in future," Prisha tried to frame her thoughts in words.

Pradeep smiled and asked her

"What about you?" Prisha did not understand the context. So, she just kept talking about her brother and his fiancé.

Pradeep interrupted her saying that he was thinking of getting her married.

She got confused and laughed at his remark. But found that her father was serious about the question.

"Dad, I mean...I never thought about that. I mean...I am still in college. So," Pradeep chuckled at her words and said

"*huff* of course. But we were thinking of getting you married after your studies. Not before that. coz I don't want to hinder your academics,"

Prisha was still tensed and kept quiet. Seeing that Pradeep patted her shoulders saying that they would be late and should head home.

Menon house