Chapter 31. The perfect sister.

Varma residence

Sharanya had called her friends for announcing her daughter's wedding to the most eligible bachelor.

"So, Sharu your planned worked very well, huh?" One of her friends teased her while sipping on the lemonade.

"What plan? I just feel that it was all fate that made my daughter meet Sanal and them agreeing to marry each other. Nothing else," Sharanya served them the appetizers negating their blame on her with a smile.

"Oh, come on! we know you. You do remember your marriage with Pradeep. If it was not for your mother to play the cupid. You would be still teaching in that public school earning for your useless uncle, aunty and their children! That old wretched house was a curse for you and your widowed mom. Only after your marriage was Pradeep able to take your mom away from your filthy uncle for good!" Her best friend made her realise the facts that she had forgotten for a long time.

Sharanya kept the plate down with sorrow and thought not to further clarify their claim on her being an architect sketching her daughter's life.

Yes, she wanted the best for her daughter. But she never betrayed anyone. On the contrary, it was fate that made the young ones fall in love with each other.

She just put the puzzle pieces together for fate to play its card in the right order.

She ignored their harsh words and diverted their attention to some random stuffs.

The next day

Veena had reached the hotel that she had booked for her stay in Delhi to meet Xavier. She wanted to discuss with him now meeting her parents and took to them regarding their future for each other.

Knock! Knock!

She went to open the door to find Xavier with a disappointed look. She welcomed him inside the suite room and offered him some water.

She thought to let him relax before she would put forward her decision.

"Veena, I can't meet you anymore," Xavier spoke putting the glass on the table. He didn't dare to look at her face.

Veena felt her smile disappear and got up kneeling in front of him.

"What!!" Veena asked him feeling the need to know the meaning of his words.

Xavier got up from his seat and walked near the window and spoke with a heavy heart

"Uncle ha-has fixed my mar-marriage with Tina,"

Veena turned him around to face her and saw his remorseful face.

"You are joking, right?!!" Veena asked him feeling that he was pulling her leg as usual.

But she saw the blank face that he had which made her walk back. She tried to process the words that he had spoken so clearly.

She looked here and there breathing heavily remembering her ex, who had managed to give her first heartbreak.

"You all are alike. All...BETRAYERS!!!" Veena screamed at him with anger filling her eyes. She grabbed his collar and spoke with shaky eyes

"Don't try to contact me anymore,"

Veena then took her bag crying badly and went outside the suite without looking back.

Xavier didn't run behind her and stood still feeling his tears rolled down his eyes.

He knew that she would not listen to his reasoning as he was aware of the same situation that she had experienced in the past.

He wanted to tell her badly the reason behind his marriage acceptance to Tina but she never gave him the time to explain.