Chapter 7. What Party?

At the shopping mall

Tanisha was glancing through the dresses in the gown section waiting for her friend to come out of the dressing room.

"Tada!!" Amritha came out wearing a stylish white gown. She twirled by lifting the dupatta in the gown.

Tanisha shaked her head and gave a thumbs down.

"Tsk! This is the fifth one I am trying! Please make up your mind!" Amritha went back in the dressing room angrily.

Tanisha just rubbed her nails and rolled her eyes saying.

"You do want him to flip. Don't you? I mean this is your anniversary plus your wedding is happening soon, right?" Amritha didn't answer back which tensed Tanisha.

She approached the dressing room and put her ear on the door. She heard her friend muttering cuss words at her.

She got embarrassed and moved back to her seat.

"Ok, this is the last one! I don't care if you like it or not! I am going to take this one," Amritha came out in the most mesmerising red mermaid gown.

Tanisha was wide mouthed gawking at her.

Amritha liked her gaze and caught hold of her hips giving a model pose.

"Ahh! I love it! You look gorgeous! OMG! Ami, you are going to slay!!" Amritha laughed at her friends excitement. They went to the cash counter to bill their shopping.

In the other part of the mall,

Sharanya was helping her daughter to select a gown for her birthday party in the evening.

Prisha tsked at all the beautiful gowns making her mother tensed at her daughter's pouty face.

"What happened, Kanna*? You don't like any of them! how about this, hm?" Sharanya showed her the latest model in gown hand stitched by a well-known designer. Prisha kept it aside and pouted more.

(*Kanna - endearment call for younger ones)

"No, Mumma! Let's go home! I am bored, please!!" Prisha begged her mom to leave the mall. She was frustrated at not finding the perfect dress for her special day.

At the café

Sharanya looked at her daughter who was sipping her apple juice and thinking hard.

When,

*Laughter*

Sharanya looked at the two girls who were happily discussing the accessories to be worn with the beautiful red gown in the box that they had put on the table.

Sharanya thought that maybe her daughter should have come with her friends for shopping.

She called Benisha to which

"Mumma? What if I wear a saree?"

Sharanya stopped her actions and looked smiling slowly at her daughter.

The saree boutique.

Still Prisha couldn't select the perfect saree.

Either they were too gaudy or too simple.

"Well, guess you have to wear only your ammuma's saree, then" Sharanya blindly said to which Prisha looked at her.