Chapter 4. Birthday Surprise!

Rajeev's birthday

The family had planned the birthday party in Sovin Hotel, Party Hall.

The party witnessed the family members encouraging their children to celebrate their youngest fun day.

Rajeev was surrounded by his friends who were chatting with him and playing games with him.

"Nia, Have you seen Veena? I have been trying to find her for the past half an hour. I just couldn't find that girl," Reena came with the gifts given to Rajeev to set them on the table. She saw that Sonia was taking the snacks for Vinay.

"I think I saw her near the corridor talking on the phone. Maybe it is her assistant. You do remember she has that major order for a big client that she has been trying to get," Reena nodded her head and got worried about her daughter.

"I am telling you, Raj. You are going to win this. Trust me," Rajeev's friend boosted him while munching on his chips.

Rajeev looked at Soumya who just smiled at him and returned to his friend.

"Of course, why won't he? I mean he is our undisputable champion!" Soumya praised her brother in front of their school friends.

Vineeth winked at his brother who just shaked his head smilingly. He knew that his younger siblings always boosted his love for music which he had managed to hide from his parents.

He was not confident to share his passion for music with his over achieving academic parents whose eldest daughter was their shining glory in the field of Geophysics as per his perception.

So, he thought that they might feel sad at their only son being pulled towards the world of music, unlike them.

But he was not aware that his parents were bonded with the one thing that bought them together in the first place – dance. It was the sound of their rhythmic heartbeat for each other making them stronger since their second chance to their married life.

So, being their son, he was bound to get their passion for music.

"Hey, I will call when I reach home. It is difficult for me to talk to you here," Amritha walked in a hurry to reach the hall in time for the cake cutting.

She bumped into Veena on the way who caught her before she could fall.

"Akka! What are you doing here outside? is the cake cutting ceremony over?! Was I late?!OMG?!!" Veena caught hold of the panicking Amritha jolting her.

"Relax! Will you! And No, the cake cutting ceremony is not over. You are on time. Let's go inside, hm?" Veena held her arm and walked inside the hall.

Rajeev blew the candles and smiled looking at his favourite people in the room.

He gave the first bite of the cake to his parents and then his elder sister, followed by his other lovable family.

"This party sucks!" Trishna gave a 'what' look to Dino who was sipping on his punch and sulking.

"Well, is it not as per your expectations, your highness!" she teased him getting a snicker from her cousins.

"Exactly, I mean the DJ sucks, the people on the dance floor – not my type and on top of it – no beer! *scoff*" Dino expressed his 'sadness'

Veena slapped his arm saying 'It is a party for a teenager. This is how it is supposed to be, idiot!"

Dino rubbed his arm screwing his eyebrows at her words. He tsked and looked at his friend whose eyes scanned the entire hall as if searching for someone.