Chapter 12. Mother...

Sunday

Varma's residence

Sharanya was instructing the maids to arrange the house for the special guest.

She had told the chefs to make the special dishes that included even continental dishes as they were catering to the owner of the prestigious hotel industry.

Pradeep was clueless as to why his wife was so excited for the guests. He ignored it as her usual self for the new members to be included in her friends circle.

After hearing so much praises about her friend, he was curious to meet them.

Sonia was sitting in the car with her family and advising them to be on their best behaviour.

Trishna was chatting with her Namith paying zero attention to her mother's instruction which was normal for their family, taking into consideration their family outing to the relatives 'n' number of times.

"Hello, welcome! Do come inside," Sharanya welcomed her guest inside her mansion.

After the initial introduction, Pradeep conversed with Vinay regarding business ups and downs.

Sonia chatted with Sharanya leaving Rajeev and Trishna in the living room, clueless.

Just then, Prisha came to the living area and saw the guest. All the members of the Nair family were mesmerised by her simplicity who had a smiling and confident aura to make everyone happy around her.

She immediately went to Sonia and wished her professionally to which Sonia told her to relax.

Vinay blessed the Varma children and congratulated Previn for his marriage who acknowledged it with a smile.

"Child, what are you planning after your MBA? Any job offers?" Vinay asked Prisha who smiled saying that she had an interest in singing. So, she was thinking of taking up the music course which was exclusively available in universities abroad.

Sonia liked that Prisha had interests apart from her academic excellence.

She shared her experience during her PhD journey and suggested even some universities abroad that she can apply.

Sharanya laughed jokingly saying

"Sonia, where are going with this?! please don't encourage her with this song and music! I mean she sings as a hobby but changing her academics and going professional with music! It doesn't happen! It is too tough and gruesome! I don't think Prisha should take up music professionally..."

Vinay interrupted her saying "I think that is where you have mistaken. As far as I have conversed with Prisha. She has a good knowledge about music and I think she can excel well in this field too. Child, you should do what your heart desires and just wait for the good opportunity to come that's all, hm? Do tell me if you have decided what to do with your passion. Like Sonia suggested, I can also help with my contacts, ok?"

Prisha was thrilled as someone encouraged her with her passion unlike her mother who always sidetracked her to do MBA and then pursue a career in an IT firm.

Sharanya disliked Vinay's attitude towards her daughter and got slightly angered. Pradeep and Previn were slightly surprised at how someone managed to tackle their lioness so effortlessly.

To ease the tension, Sonia suggested to move for their lunch.

At the dining table

Sonia was praising Sharanya for the tasty dishes prepared by her to which Sharanya said that it was her daughter.

Prisha smiled and served the chicken curry to Vinay who tasted it and smacked his fingers.