Chapter 38. My Wife!

It was evening by the time Prisha reached the Menon house. Sharanya wanted her to spend time with her as much as possible. So, she tricked her with one or the other excuses to make her stay longer.

Prisha then finally told her about Sanal and his possessiveness towards her that would make him come and swipe her from the house. She would not be able to return back. At this Sharanya told her to come back some other day whenever she could.

"Amma, I am so sorry. Mom didn't leave me early. She was talking this and that...and I couldn't keep track of the time...and it became so late. Sorry Amma!" Prisha jogged to her mother-in-law who was busy preparing the kheer for her daughters.

She suddenly blew the kheer on the spoon and cupped Prisha's chin signalling her to taste it.

Prisha tasted it and closed her eyes at the delicious taste that hit her tongue.

"What does it need, hm?" Latha then went back to check the kheer.

"It's awesome, Amma!" Prisha then unknowingly hugged Latha and then immediately backed to which Latha gave her a questionable look.

"What was that? and why did you stop it, hm?" Latha then hugged her and pecked her hairs.

"Kanna, I am your mother, hm. You need not to be so formal with me. ok. I am blessed to have such a beautiful and understanding wife for my son. Bless you my child," Latha patted her cheeks lovingly air kissing her.

She looked down at her remark. Her gaze then fell on her Sanal giving her a poker face from the living room getting irritated at his mother being slowly stolen by his cunning wife.

Prisha went to attend to her husband who seemed to have tired himself out with the office work.

Sanal's room

Sanal was folding his shirt cuff to take in the cold air of the AC. He closed his eyes and stood in front of the closed window.

"Your tea," He opened his eyes at her honeyed voice and unknowingly smiled at the slight rose scent that she carried with her.

"So, she knew about the Menon's and that boy too,"

He ignored her and began to unbutton his shirt to have a warm shower. Seeing that Prisha went to the washroom to prepare for his bath.

She kept the shower towel on the railing and removed the used clothes taking them with her to the laundry basket. She then removed the scented candle lighting it and checked for any refill of the shower gel.

"What are you doing?!" Sanal came inside to see his wife arranging for his bath.

"I.i am just..." Prisha tried to tell him who just told her to leave the washroom sternly.

He banged the door loudly after she came out of the washroom slightly saddening her.

She thought it to be his tiredness and picked his clothes putting them in the laundry basket.

She then put freshly ironed loose shirts and track pants for him as that's what he slept in last night. She tried to remember his night routine the other night.

He would always apply moisturiser for his dry skin and then tend his hair with the serum oil. He would then apply Vaseline onto his feet for soothing them.

So, she arranged them accordingly not before plugging the drier to dry his hair.

She then went to ready his dinner and then boil some milk in case he didn't have the urge to eat anything solid.