Chapter 49. Don't tempt me!

Vinay made Prisha to sit in his car backseat and told Sonia to accompany her, till he had a talk with the Varma's.

"I am sorry, Pradeep. But I will take Kanna with me. Coz, she is our daughter, our honour and our responsibility. I hope I have made myself clear," Vinay then joined his hands in front of Pradeep with miniscule tear in his shamed eye, which didn't dare to look at her father.

Pradeep patted his shoulder, nodding at understanding his dilemma. He knew that Vinay had to protect his family honour along with Prisha's – their daughter-in-law.

He said that he trusted Vinay more than anyone else to take care of his Prisha.

Vinay walked out of the Varma's house looking down and told the Menon's to strictly tell Sanal to not visit the Nair's house no matter what.

Latha was shamed at her son's behaviour and cried silently. Uvika consoled her and saw that Sharanya was keeping her distance from Latha.

Latha sensed their ignorance and joined her hands moving out of the house.

Sharanya marched to her room, followed by Previn and Uvika. Pradeep knew that it would take more than sweet words to make his wife understand the situation and the misunderstanding between the angry couple.

Nair house

Prisha looked outside the window of the room, trying to forget what happened few minutes back. She was not able to understand what mistake she had done that made her Sanal get so angry at her.

She had noticed for the few days, that Sanal used to have a sudden change in his behaviour. She wanted to know what had made him behave so arrogantly with her.

"Kanna?" She looked at Sonia who smiled and approached her with the glass of milk.

She offered the milk to Prisha who refused politely.

"I know, Kanna that there is some problem between you and Sunny. But we can all solve it by just talking with each other. You should both try to talk and solve this yourself. I mean you love each other, right?!" Sonia tried to make Prisha understand the dynamics of marriage by caressing her hair. Prisha looked sideways to hide her tears.

"No need for that," Vinay stood on the doorstep with a serious stance. Sonia looked at him pleadingly which he ignored.

"She doesn't need to talk to him. What he did back there, was the last straw in his arrogance! I know he is hot headed, but that does not give him the luxury to insult his wife! He will apologise to her and if not, I know exactly what to do. And yes, Kanna will not go through the insult again! Not anymore!!" he pointed his index finger at his wife tearing up. Sonia smiled tearing up and clutched his shaky hands, nodding.

She knew the pain of a father who had to protect the dignity of his daughter. So, she remained silent and saw the way Prisha hugged Vinay, finding the peace in his fatherly hug.

For many days,

Sanal opted to concentrate only on his work, not bothering to call or even enquire about Prisha.

He had much hatred towards her, who betrayed and cheated on him. However, he was still reluctant to accept that she was not carrying his child.

In his vengeance, he even tried to hamper the Varma's business deals, by calling out their clients and spreading unwanted lies about them.

Dino saw the way his dumb friend was throwing away his happiness. He tried to know the reason for his extreme stupidity but in vain. Dino would always get brushed aside by Sanal on the pretext that he trusted Prisha more than his best friend.