Chapter 48. His Insult!

Sanal's new office

Dino saw a tensed Sanal clutching his forehead with closed eyes, thinking hard.

"Dude, what is it? You okay?" Dino touched his shoulders waking him up, Sanal smiled assuring him with the excuse of office pressure.

"Ya!! Don't worry, Bro! We are half way done! Once we get this deal, then we can commence with our Business school. I am with you, right?" Sanal smiled weakly at his bestie's words, nodding his head. It was not the office. It was her.

Dino suggested him to take Prisha for a dinner date to relax his mind. Sanal's eye brightened at the idea given by his bestie, making it a possible move to pamper his wife and ask for her forgiveness – again.

Sanal then called the flower shop to present his wife with a bouquet of tulips, as a surprise.

"Um...Hey, when did I get married?" Sanal asked Dino who got disappointed at his bestie.

After confirming the bouquet order, Sanal went back to his bestie who was scolding him for his clumsiness of forgetting his wedding date which had happened just one month back.

He then smiled and saw his bestie cussing him going out of the cabin.

Sanal then went through his phone galleria to glance his lovely wife. When he received a phone call from an unknown number.

"Mr. Menon?"

"Yes,"

"Sir, we have the scan reports of your wife, Mrs. Menon. We had some doubts regarding her last pregnancy scan report,"

"What is it?"

"Sir, she had forgotten to include her last vaccination shot, which was not taken in our hospital. Can you please send us the date of the same, asap," saying so the nurse kept the call not before getting an affirmation from Sanal regarding the inquiry.

Sanal was happy that he would become a proud father of the new joy that his wife would be giving him.

He checked the screenshot of the pregnancy report that he had taken from his room the last time.

It showed 'medical reports of Mrs. Prisha Menon reading 12 weeks pregnant', creasing his forehead. He rested his head on his chair headrest and thought about the confusion happening in his calculating head.

'We married in October and the report is saying 12 weeks pregnant?!'

'But the report here shows that she was conceived in the month of...August,'

"12 weeks – three months, August to November. But we have been married for only *going through at the calendar*... 7 weeks – just roughly over a month."

Sanal went back on his thoughts of contemplating again and again the facts in front of him. But it was pointing to only one stop...12 weeks pregnant and 7 weeks from marriage.

His eyes teared up at the conclusive evidence that he received upon calling upon the hospital who confirmed 'Mrs. Prisha Menon' pregnancy as 12 weeks, entering into the third month.

'No! this is not true! She would never do this cruelty to me?!!' his thought whirled his confused state and wanted to clarify his doubts with her once and for all.

Menon house

Sanal was maintaining his silence at the dining table, zoning out in his own thoughts.

'Still think the pregnancy reports are false? Check with your wife or better...check her boy-friend...' one more message. One more step towards breaking his heart. His heart didn't want to believe that she could betray him like this. 'No, this isn't true!' his hands trembled at the thought.