Chapter 28. Our Engagement

"Hello, did we miss the engagement?" Sanal got worried at the voice and left Prisha's hand. He saw her after a period of one whole month with Shyam. 

Sonia saw the worry on Sanal's face and clutched Vinay's hand who understood the situation

Amritha rushed to the new couple and hugged Prisha taking her by surprise. Shyam shaked Sanal's hand congratulating him, who was still in shock.

Dino cursed their timing and looked at Vinay who signalled him to take Amritha away from them

"Hey, why don't we go to the buffet? You all must be hungry, right?" Dino grabbed Amritha and Shyam's shoulder and took them to the buffet area.

Sanal was lost for some time thinking why had God decided to play with him so cruelly.

Prisha held his hands softly and asked for his sudden change of emotions. He tried to smile at her and excused himself to get fresh air.

In the front patio

Sanal sat on the patio sitting area thinking of a way out of this puzzled situation.

When he had started to love Prisha, why did Amritha come back?

He put down his head clutching the back of his neck.

"She doesn't need to know," Sanal looked at his uncle who had bought some juice to quench his dry throat.

"But, uncle. She should. I don't want to hide anything from her. Especially about Ami," Sanal made up his mind to tell the truth about him and Amritha to Prisha.

"She will. But not now. Now let her enjoy this happiness...with you. Sanal, we all go through pains, but coming out of it is the best healing therapy for that pain," Vinay put his hand on Sanal's shoulder who looked at the wise words of his uncle.

He nodded and agreed to tell the truth to Prisha later. Vinay took him inside to his Prisha.

Prisha was waiting for Sanal near the Buffet counter. As she wanted to have him beside her. She was feeling uneasy ever since Amritha and Shyam had turned up to the party, which was puzzling her.