Chapter 34. The wedding of the season!

"What!! You missed again! You idiots! Keep the phone, you useless piece of shits!" a 30-year-old man was huffing at his failure to capture her. He pushed the chair and smashed the flower vase kept on the table cussing at his bad luck. He started destroying his office with all his might trying to exert his anger.

"Rupal, what are you doing?!! Leave it! I say leave it!" His mother Jyothi Rangaswamy managed to release the laptop from his hands which were covered in blood with the impact.

"Mom! why? Why we are not able to succeed? Tell me, mom!" The man grabbed his mother's shoulder who caressed his hair smilingly.

"Patience my child! Patience! We will! They just need a distraction and then...we kill!" The mother glared at nowhere remembering the brutal manner her husband was murdered by the one man she despised – Pradeep Varma.

The son hugged his mother promising to fulfil her wish till his last breath.

The pre wedding night

The Varma residence

Benisha danced to the beat of the music being played by the DJ and teased Prisha who was busy putting henna in her hand. Gaurav was moving along with his lady love to match her moves.

Sharanya watched the triplets as she lovingly calls them. Prisha was giggling and trying to control herself from falling off the couch at the weird dancing that her besties were pulling.

The whole house was booming with the laughter of the family and friends of the Varma's.

The Menon Residence

Sanal was vibing with his cousins and Dino who was jumping at the drop of every music beats that the DJ was pulling.

Latha was happily chatting with the family and friends who had come to share her happiness.

Sonia was helping Trishna who was trying to have some quiet time with her fiancé who had joined her for the pre wedding celebrations. But alas she got trapped in the chores given by her mom who was glaring at her.

Namith was laughing at the antics pulled by his fiancé who was whining to get out of her mom's clutches.

Second floor room

Both the families had kept some rooms vacant in their respective houses for their families. As many a times, they would spend the night or even days with each other for fun and parties.

Veena came out of the washroom drying her face as she felt light headed after the intense crying that she had suffered for the past hour.

She kept the kit on the bedside table and looked at the view outside second-floor room window.

She went to the balcony and stood near the railings. She looked down and saw her family and friends frolicky at the celebrations of a new life for their son.

She touched her tummy and whimpered at the result that she got from the kit. She held the railings of the balcony grills remembering the mistake that they had done which couldn't be rectified even if she tried.

Her hold on the railings tightened and she looked up the sky murmuring 'why' crying inaudibly.

She then backed from the grills shaking her head slowly and slumped on her bed crying on the pillow badly.

She opted to stay in her room till the wedding as she didn't want her family to suspect her odd behaviour.