Chapter 72. Please take care of her...

In Sanal's room,

Around midnight

Sanal got up with a start breathing heavily calling out her name

Sanal got up with a start breathing heavily calling out her name. his pupils shaked at not knowing whether she was fine but felt her in his embrace the next moment. His breath was calming down but his heartbeat was not. Prisha moved back from his hug and cupped his cold face reviving him "Sunny?"

"...Ca... can I hug you...pleas...please...I... I just...want...to feel...that...you...are here...safe," he caught hold of her hand and pleaded to her much shock. She was hesitant but saw the way he was moving his eyes from her face begging for his safe haven.

She slightly nodded and moved closer to him, taking his broad self in her petite embrace. The hefty man wanted her soft self to calm his nerves and tell him that she was safe and unhurt. The shootout had a drastic effect on him to the point of murmuring her name in his sleep.

His nightmares had instances of her blood lit body being laid on the streets with him being totally helpless. It traumatised him badly from the present mental state that he was going through.

After he was calm, Prisha was still in a daze with his warm tears on her shoulders as it puzzled her at realising his conduct that was totally contrast to his old self.

He moved back catching her hands and looked down saying "I am sorry if...I ...*sniff*...it would never happen again...*gulps*...I promise..." and moved to the washroom to clear his head.

Prisha couldn't stop smiling at his gesture of not wanting to put his unwanted claim on her like he would always. He did change.

As Prisha slept, she saw him moving towards his side of the bed. She was happy that at least, she was beside him to console him at his night outburst.

For few days, Prisha was happy at the way Sanal was getting healthier with her care and of course his endurance to improve to take care of her.

"Hey buddy. Long time!! what happened? I thought you had help to take care of you?" Dino spoke over the video call after a long time, surprising Sanal. Upon Dino enquiring about the shootout, Sanal huffed at the tint of sympathy in his bestie's words. Dino knew that he had not been a good friend acknowledging the major changes in Sanal and conveyed the same to him. Sanal reverted back saying that he was not hurt but lonely.

Sanal tsked and enquired about the family members. Trishna joined the call, sitting beside Dino in the living room. That was the next surprise for Sanal.

She was tensed at his condition but Sanal assured them that he was okay. Sanal had his arm in bandage and hid it by wearing long sleeved shirts to not make his well-wishers worried.

Trishna was going to ask about his possible encounter with Prisha, but was stopped by Dino who told her to attend to Namith, sitting with Vinod. Dino didn't want his bestie to get worried about finding Prisha as that would only worsen the family member's anger on him. Prisha was safely hidden by Vinay – according to the info given by Vinay himself to the family and friends.