Chapter 45. Don't ignore me!

"Got it! Mr. Xavier Russo, wine maker, entrepreneur and the only son of the Russo family in Verona, Italy. He comes from a lineage of wine makers who were known for their heritage and dedicated contribution to the wine industry in Italy. His business spans over the major part of Europe and even plans to take the Asian countries," Dino read out the article published about Xavier in the daily newsletter posted in the Daily Mail post.

Vinod grumbled inaudibly cussing at Dino whose smiled died down by the facial gesture of Vinod towards him.

Vinay talked to Vinod inaudibly and gestured towards Veena who hoped to get a positive response from her family.

"I think he is not that bad. Considering his family heritage and his current status. I think he is a perfect match for our Veena,"

"But Vinay, he is foreigner! And we don't have anything common between us..."

"So? he is far better than Ajit. Ajit is an Indian, a brahmin at that and look what he did to our Veena. That bastard managed to hit her and torture her. If it was not for Dino and Sanal to reach on time, he would have...*huff* Vinod etta, I think Xavier is much better than him. He is soft spoken and I see genuine love in his eyes for our Veena. Please consider this...for your daughter's happiness,"

"But what if..."

"It won't happen to that..." Vinay assured him as he felt the same pain that he had undergone 20 years back when he fell in deep love with his Reine.

"Fine! We agree to your marriage proposal. But..." Before Xavier could take his Veena in his arms.

"...in our traditional manner. Full South Indian style. Got it?!" Vinod ordered Xavier who immediately took him in a hug, shocking everyone in the room.

Vinod was an introvert and managed to keep himself away from unnecessary events and people.

He hugged Xavier back astonishing his family more.

Amidst this, Sanal realised the blunder that he had done on his Prisha. He mistook Xavier to be her boyfriend. He wanted to talk to her and clear the air between them. But she was too busy in the happiness surrounding them.

He thought to apologise to her in the serene environment of their home. He suddenly went out as he received a call from his secretary regarding the official inauguration of his Visual Arts Director cabin. He was really tensed with the office work and on top of that the Suresh case was not tensing down as they had expected.

Before they could celebrate more, Prisha signalled Xavier to tell the family their good news.

"Does this night get any more shocking?!!" Dino whispered to Trishna who was wide mouthed at the news. He closed his ears at the scream that followed Trishna who went to hug her Chech.

Vinod glared at Xavier and wanted to punch him but Prisha came in between. She led him and Veena towards the elders for their blessings.

Veena touched her parents feet accompanied by Xavier who was pulled in by Prisha to do the act, being completely clueless.

Xavier screamed grabbing his hurting ears.

"You naughty boy!! Couldn't you wait? Humph!!" Reena screwed his ears to punish him for his carelessness.

Xavier apologised to his mom-in-law who took him in a loving hug.

Prisha was tearing up at the lovely moment and glanced at her Sanal, who had entered the room cutting the call. To her surprise, he looked back at her with the same lovely gaze, puzzling her.