Chapter 20. Shyam and Amritha

The Marriage Hall

The hall was echoing with the hymns of the Ganpati puja being performed by the priest to grace the couple for a brighter future.

The family members were preparing for the grand entrance of the groom's party with the ladies clutching the aarti thali and garland for the guests.

Shyam entered the hall with Shiva leading Shyam to the mandapa where Amritha was already seated waiting for her Shyam. 

Shiva washed Shyam's feet and gifted him a silk dhoti and a scarf as a part of the rituals

Shiva washed Shyam's feet and gifted him a silk dhoti and a scarf as a part of the rituals. Shyam glanced at Amritha who shied at his flashy smile.

Veena was getting amused at her shyness who had last night emptied an entire keg of beer at one shot!

Trishna was snickering thinking about the last night's event and shaking her head at the shying Amritha.

Amritha whose face was covered with the peacock's feathers was trying to peep through the curtain placed between her and Shyam. Rekha pulled her down to get a pouty lip from her daughter.

The priest then ordered to remove the curtain spelling the mantras. The bride and groom looked at each other with so much love and care making their family smile lovingly at their gaze. 

Sanal watched the scenario from afar and did not sense the tear rolled down his cheeks

He inhaled deeply and scoffed at his luck for not getting his love that he had poured on her for the past 16 years of his life.

Amritha laughed her heart out at finally putting the varmala on Shyam making him grab her to avoid the fall.

The family and friend roared with a teasing smile at their chance to hold each other.

The cute couple then put their foreheads together promising to cherish their love for each other forever.

Rekha teared up at the immense love showered on her daughter by Shyam.